More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was curious how you all are rendering your 1st party reviews on your site in HTML with schema markup.

I know GatherUp does this but I took a demo and they're not going to work for our purposes currently.

So is anyone not using GatherUp to render HTML reviews with schema markup and doing it via a WordPress plugin or something?

So, this may not be a direct answer to your question, because I'm talking about a site built in Joomla. But I imagine there is something similar for Wordpress.

I have a client using the GatherUp widget, and I wanted something similar for another client who does not have the GatherUp subscription.

I found a Joomla Testimonial extension that employs schema markup. So I use the extension to display the 1st-party reviews, and it displays the aggregate rating, and is marked up accordingly.

I've used Easy Testimonials for WordPress for years. The free version displays the output fine. The pro version allows you to collect the testimonials on the site as well.

So, this may not be a direct answer to your question, because I'm talking about a site built in Joomla. But I imagine there is something similar for Wordpress.

I have a client using the GatherUp widget, and I wanted something similar for another client who does not have the GatherUp subscription.

I found a Joomla Testimonial extension that employs schema markup. So I use the extension to display the 1st-party reviews, and it displays the aggregate rating, and is marked up accordingly.

Which Joomla one do you use, @Nikki?

I've used Easy Testimonials for WordPress for years. The free version displays the output fine. The pro version allows you to collect the testimonials on the site as well.

Awesome, thanks!

Any other options?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom