Reaction score
Replied to some stupid chain email, ended up getting my Google account disabled, got back on, now all my GMB listings are 'Suspended' but showing live on maps. Not sure how this happened, but it must be related to my email address being temporarily disabled, and me being the primary owner of these listings.

Has this happened to anyone else before? How should I go about remeding this? Let time pass, or reinstate every single listing?! Mind you these are legitmate businesses, not spam listings. Real businesses with real locations, suspended but showing in Maps still.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
it must be related to my email address being temporarily disabled, and me being the primary owner of these listings.

That sounds correct based on the way you described it. You may need to re-claim the listings into a new account since it sounds like the account is flagged.

Reaction score
So instead of reinstating, we have to reverify them with postcards? Wouldn't reinstating be easier?

What if I add another user on my gsuite as Primary Owner?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Right, since the listings themselves are still live, it indicates that the locations/listings themselves are not the issue. Rather, it's likely an account issue as you alluded to. So you have two approaches, you can go through GMB support via the reinstatement form, or you can start the process of re-verifying them in a new account. I can't say for certain which way will be most effective since it varies case by case.

chadkimball

Reaction score
have a similar issue to this, wondering though, is google even processing reinstatement requests during the covid19 freeze?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A spammer replying to ancient posts to boost his post count Recycle Bin 4
djbaxter NEW New feature: You can now bump a thread if no one has replied to your question How To Guides 1
P Replying to All GMB Reviews: Rank Impact? Local Reviews 8
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
NevenaIvanova Review replies disappeared from Google Google My Business & Google Maps 9
keyserholiday Google review replies are working again. Local Reviews 6
djbaxter How to post or reply How To Guides 0
V Google My Business script using GMB API - auto replies, question notifications, post scheduling Local SEO Tools & Software 0
LocalSEODat Hey Gang - if you get high volume of reviews and only reply to positive ones, is that a bad thing? Local Reviews 2
Cordell Crowley Google My Business Review: Auto-Suggested Reply Google My Business & Google Maps 8
raellovepie Google Messaging shows if it came from KP Quote button. Great for tracking & reply context. Google My Business & Google Maps 0
rickvidallon Replying to Customer Reviews on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 27
JoyHawkins Technical Issues Impacting Review Replies Local Reviews 2
M Notification of replies to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Replies to reviews all disappeared Help & Support for Google Local 4
Ray Litvak Replying to a positive Google Review Local Reviews 3
R Reply from Google about new maps not listing client correctly TODAY !!! MUST READ!! Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jo Shaer How Do I Reply To Google Reviews On The New Dashboard Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet David - replies via email Mod Squad 4
S Spammer Copied Reply Re: The REAL Secret to Ranking in Google Local Recycle Bin 1
djbaxter Recover Lost Text When Posting or Replying to a Thread Forum Tech Support 2
Linda Buquet Sample Mod Replies - Copy and Use if Needed Mod Squad 3
Linda Buquet Massive Google Review Problems Continue - Support Replies Local Reviews 1
Greg Bernhardt Bulk verification help, locations in group, no Chain option Multi-Location Issues 1
S Google just changed their rules for GMB posts: If you are a chain, you can now mass post to all your GMB locations using a GMB post scheduling tool Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Annika Neudecker GMB UTM best practices for chains? Multi-Location Issues 2
C Local Post API is disabled for this location (Chains) Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Henry LocalClarity Current value of complete Latitude & Longitude for every location in a chain? Google Local 101 1
Lee Alley Major Mall's Chain Store Tenants Listed Under Farmers Market Google My Business & Google Maps 2
L Google Local: Multi-Location Doorways for Chains and Franchises Multi-Location Issues 2
Linda Buquet Google Local: Multi-Location Doorways for Chains and Franchises Multi-Location Issues 2
D National Chain - Wants to rank for local services (mostly non-Venice) Local Search 0