More threads by Conor Treacy

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

In the past I would report businesses not at an address, or what has now been moved to just "Doesn't Exist" and I never seemed to have a problem with it.

These days, every "Doesn't Exist" map edit that I've submited in the past week has been rejected. 14 suggestions (combined between my account and also a client's) have all been rejected and not applied.

It's a spammy industry (Garage Door Repair) and the listings that I found created websites using Google Sites and all have 1 fake review from the past 3 weeks.

Does anyone have a better method of reporting these locations? Some of the map addresses go to Storage Units, another goes to a bridge on a river. When I'm in an area and can take a picture, I do, but these ones are all over the place this time.

Any better suggestions since the "Doesn't Exist" report doesn't seem to work. The people DO answer the phones, and they do have a site (it's a central network for lead gen) but the map is 100% incorrect and is being used to spam an area.

Thoughts?

@Conor Treacy, "Doesn't Exist" gets approved on occasion, but it's real iffy. "Spam, fake, or offensive" works much more consistently, in my experience. When Google approves the former, it takes days or weeks. When Google approves the latter, often it's instant.

I’m this situation, I’d use the redressal form and submit all of the spam listings simultaneously. This has been very effective for me!

I’m this situation, I’d use the redressal form and submit all of the spam listings simultaneously. This has been very effective for me!
Simultaneously meaning add all URLs to the one submit form? Or submit the form "X" times within a short timespan (each URL different)?

I see the "Add Additional" on the URL option, so maybe that's what you're referring to?

Unless the listings are connected in some way, I usually submit them one at a time. It's easier for me to keep track of them that way bc I will have a ticket number for each submission.

Ha! The garage door repair industry is super spammy. We’re experiencing that here in Atlanta as well. Thanks for the info.

Just an update. First round were all accepted and removed. And they're already popping back up again using a different address, but the same phone numbers. The Garage Door industry has always been spammy, but some of it is just so blatant I don't know why people would even bother (or why Google would even think to accept).

At least with the adwords, you must now jump through hoops for the Garage Door repair industry, supplying photos, business license registered with the state, and insurance documents etc. They need to enforce that just with GMB for the garage door industry! (and locksmiths for that matter)

Just an update. First round were all accepted and removed. And they're already popping back up again using a different address, but the same phone numbers. The Garage Door industry has always been spammy, but some of it is just so blatant I don't know why people would even bother (or why Google would even think to accept).

At least with the adwords, you must now jump through hoops for the Garage Door repair industry, supplying photos, business license registered with the state, and insurance documents etc. They need to enforce that just with GMB for the garage door industry! (and locksmiths for that matter)

So true! It’s bad! I had an idea that may work. I know google has worked with Tom wadsworth and Dasma/IDA. If we take major cities and appoint someone to be the guy for reporting them and have quarterly meetings with google.

I interviewed Tom wadsworth recently on my podcast and he talks about this. He pioneered the bad bob campaign. Good info here Torsion Talk Podcast: Season 1 Episode 2 - Tom Wadsworth by Torsion Talk Podcast • A podcast on Anchor.

If linking that isn’t allowed feel free to take it down. Not trying to promote my podcast but the info is relevant and we talk about these things.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom