More threads by Caroline

Reaction score
Hi,

One of my clients has employed a company who say that they can lobby Google to get rid of fake reviews. Is this possible to do? I thought not. Are there special ways to get spam reviews taken down which aren't offensive but still spam? I want to advise my client and not let him get ripped off by a company pertaining to do something they can't.

Thanks

Hi,

One of my clients has employed a company who say that they can lobby Google to get rid of fake reviews. Is this possible to do? I thought not. Are there special ways to get spam reviews taken down which aren't offensive but still spam? I want to advise my client and not let him get ripped off by a company pertaining to do something they can't.

Thanks

Lol take care if they themselves post fake spam reviews and remove them later on after payment is received.

It is possible but the keyword is 'lobby' here.

Basically all they'll do is flag the reviews to Google and try build a case for them to remove. If you're a trusted tester you'll have a Google My Business support manager too which will give you more weight but ultimately it's Google's call and your average agency doesn't have this level of access.

I've seen it successfully executed before and on the other side, it's a big waste of time and client distraction against things they can actually control.

Tell client to challenge them with a pilot 'spam' review they want removed. See how they get on before signing onto any longer term commits.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom