More threads by Macitarc

Macitarc

Reaction score
While sending an ownership or management request for a listing and after filling in all the information press request access, all I get it is a message from Google which "You requested to manage ------------".

While the message it should show is "You requested to manage --------------. You'll get be notified in 3 days if the owner responds." I will also get an email if my request is sent. But not getting any email from Google which means my request is not being processed. I don't know why. This has been 5-6 times for different listings.

Please suggest what can we do?
768793865b668fbfc9a2798f9088cfd.jpg

Are you trying to get access to a listing when you do not know who has access to a listing? If you know the person who has access, I think having them add you to the listing would be easier and more efficient.

Are you trying to get access to a listing when you do not know who has access to a listing? If you know the person who has access, I think having them add you to the listing would be easier and more efficient.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your response.

We do know who has access to the listing; it is a third-party agency that currently holds primary ownership. However, the shop is no longer working with that agency, and we are unable to contact them. As a result, we are trying to make a request to Google to transfer primary ownership to us.

The issue is that when we submit a request, we are supposed to receive a notification email stating that our request was successfully sent and providing an estimated time to check back, typically after 3-4 days. Unfortunately, we are not receiving any such notifications or emails, which means our requests are not being processed. We have tried multiple accounts, but the problem persists.
If our request were sent successfully, we could then re-verify the profile through a postcard or phone call. However, without receiving confirmation that our request has been submitted, we are unable to proceed.

Could you please suggest what we can do to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Have you tried this form yet? Business Profile third party complaint: Report a violation

This form is to report any third party, and any Third Party Agency that you believe violates Google's guidelines or is holding a profile hostage, as in this case. This form sends your request to a totally different team at Google who can hopefully help solve this issue!

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have already reported the issue to Google and are in discussions with them, but it hasn't been resolved yet. We will try reporting it again using the form you mentioned.

Additionally, I have a few questions:

1. How are some agencies able to block us from sending requests? Is it possible that they have reported us, or is there another reason this might be happening with my account?
  2. Do agencies using a Google My Business Agency Account get any specific benefits that might allow them to manage listings in a way that prevents others from sending requests?
Thanks again for your help.

As far as I know there is no way to block anyone from sending requests, even agency accounts cannot do this. I think there was just an error on Google's end when sending the notification email - or perhaps the request was not sent properly. In either case, the form I sent should get you to a team at Google who is equipped to handle your issue.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom