Niki Gross

Reaction score
According to the Google Maps Help document, when answering Questions posted to a GMB profile, phone numbers and email addresses are not allowed. If you are a registered GMB owner of a listing, you may post phone numbers in your answers.

For our particular business, if a customer reaches out regarding their service on a public forum, in many instances we need additional details that we request they send via email - and provide that email address in our response.

Is it truly against Google's guidelines for a GMB listing owner to respond and provide an email address? If so, how are others working with this restriction?

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Adding the relevant information for reference:

Phone numbers or email addresses: To help prevent advertising and spammy Q&A, we don’t allow phone numbers or email addresses. If you want to add an updated number or email address use the Report a problem link to report that information instead. Note: If you are a registered Google My Business owner of a listing, you may post phone numbers in your answers.

Have you tried responding with an email address to see if it gets filtered?
Can you direct them to your contact page where you have the email address listed?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Andrew Forster Question about responding to reviews Local Search 6
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djcoppedge Removing/Responding to Inaccurate Reviews in Healthcare Local Reviews 1
Niki Gross Responding to Reviews held by GMB Since March Local Reviews 2
JoyHawkins Issue With Responding to Q&A on Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 23
Noelle Leahy Does responding to Google reviews in Dental Industry break Patient Confidentiality? Marketing 11
Cagro Third parties responding as owners to Google reviews Local Reviews 5
djbaxter Google: Tips for responding to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Remove Negative Google Reviews By Responding??? Don't Hide your Head in the Sand Local Reviews 0
Ray Litvak Respond to Negative Review(s) Local Reviews 5
eestrada234 Yelp Photo For Responding to Reviews for Multi-location Local Search 0
eestrada234 Responding to Reviews from same IP address Consultant's Corner 4
Ray Litvak Trouble Responding to Reviews Local Reviews 17
Chris Ratchford Confused about Google Reviews and responding to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Colan Nielsen Can't Respond To Reviews? Local Reviews 0
grantbrott Respond To Review Not Showing Local Reviews 5
Colan Nielsen Responding To Reviews on Merchant Circle Citations 3
M Unable to Respond to Google Reviews - New Bug? Local Reviews 5
T Responding to Reviews and the Local Algo Local Search 3
M Some questions with GMB and multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
iwebresults Advance Verification Stalled Question Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
haileym "Scroll to bottom to confirm" message showing up while waiting for postcard - Verification Question Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Greg Bernhardt User asked a question... Q&A area does not exist in brand panel Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Jeffrey Healthcare Specific Question Local Search 4
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
D Google Spam Fighting Question Google My Business & Google Maps 6
accessted Local Falcon GMB Question Service Area Businesses 2
annatindal GMB Customer Uploaded Photos Question All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
D Shortcut URL to "Ask a Question" Button Google My Business & Google Maps 6
dave101 Question about Content Writing Organic SEO 4
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
Imperialpest GMB Q&A section question All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
N My Business in Multiple Locations leaving me with 3 unanswered questions Multi-Location Issues 2
B GMB Multiple Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter NEW New feature: You can now bump a thread if no one has replied to your question How To Guides 1
Mmclean07 Pricing question Consultant's Corner 3
ForwardMotion Multiple Practitioners at One Office Location Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter NEW How to create a new question and answer thread How To Guides 4
djbaxter Converting some threads to Question and Answer threads Admin Stuff 3
Creativedge Question on duplicate content and search ranking for dentists Local Search 13
Jason_Parks1 Question on Hours Local Search 3
Ben Walsh Am I asking questions in the right place ? Contact Us Messages 1
raellovepie Question about Article: Your Google My Business Profile Image – The Most Important Image? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Adam C. Google Ads Question General Local SEO Discussions [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
djbaxter Questions about LocalU Upgrades and Subscriptions? LocalU Technical Information and Help 0
S Question & Answers Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Quick questions about citations (newbie here) Citations 2
Valentin UULE question Local SEO Tools & Software 2
D Questions & Answers - Knowledge Panel (Not Showing) Help & Support for Google Local 5