More threads by eestrada234

Reaction score
I know restaurants who solicit reviews using a kiosk or a tablet can raise flags and ultimately lead to having your reviews filtered.

My question is what if as an agency you took up privately responding to negative reviews from one location as a service. Would that that trigger a flag or be seen as spam?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think responding to reviews from a single IP address is expected behavior. I doubt it would raise any flags.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Edgar, If your concerned about your IP you can try a service like Hide My Ass. 1 year runs 79.00. Its easy to use and I never have an issue with connections. Also, We have been responding to reviews for our clients for over a year with no issues.

I agree with Colan. If anything, Google has made it easier for a single entity/user to manage multiple G+ pages, where a single source IP is expected. I have not come across any issues doing exactly what you describe.
To follow on Justin's comment, if you do go down the road of using a proxy service like HMA for any purpose, just be sure you do pay for dedicated proxies. It may seem easy enough to use IPs from HMA's free proxy list (Free Proxy List - Public Proxy Servers (IP PORT) - Hide My Ass!) but remember that you will be sharing them will all kinds of other users, the innocuous and nefarious alike!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom