Benjamin Beck

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

How do you handle building out review profiles for local service businesses where each location can have several individuals. (Lawyers, Doctors, Dentists, etc)

Do you build a review page for the location alone (aka Joe & Schmo Lawyer Associates) OR do you try to get reviews for the location & each individual person (aka Location & Lawyer Joe & Lawyer Schmo,etc)

Any articles that I should be reading?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Joy recently wrote a great article that might answer some of your questions, you can read it here.

My two cents, if I understand your question correctly, is that it depends. If you don't have many reviews anywhere yet, I'd focus on the primary listing. If you have high review flow and a lot already in the archives, and you're in a low competition area where you can potentially get good exposure with both the primary listing and a practitioner listing, then spread it around. Another question too, do a lot of customers look up one of your practitioners by name? If that practitioner is definitely going to be with the company for a long time, then it might be worth investing at least some there so that people who see the knowledge panel for that practitioner will get a good impression.

Some of the pros here who focus on businesses with practitioners might have some other things to add too.

mborgelt

Reaction score
Another reason to focus on reviews on the primary listing is that they usually outrank the individual profiles. You don't want to go building up reviews for a profile that doesn't show up in search. When the individuals outrank the firm is when it gets a little tricky.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I was going to mention something both James and Michael sort of touched on.

Often you spend all your time optimizing the practice and a single practitioner takes over the lead. Could be one that's getting ready to retire or that the owner does not like much. BUT anytime the practice with all the reviews drops out, the company is usually unhappy.

Part of keeping the practice listing ranking is using my strategy for MINIMIZING practitioner listings. There are things you can do to make them less dominant and therefore compete less with the main listing.

So I think building reviews and citations gives MORE strength to the practitioner listing, which is usually counter to what the business wants and hurts rankings.

The only exception I can see could be like what James said. IF there was like a famous practitioner, well known, or the main atty had a big ego and people search for them, then maybe you want them to look good and have reviews.

Client just needs to realize they may make practitioner rank and knock main practice listing out of the running.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2
nathangdavidson Anyone noticing reviews not being added to profiles? Local Reviews 5
D Promote Reviews to Practice's Main GMB Profiles or Individual Doctors' GMB Profiles Local Reviews 1
aalmarusy Facebook reviews posting to personal profile page feed Recycle Bin 3
Don Archer Facebook reviews posting to personal profile page feed Local Reviews 26
Toby 39 Celsius Any feedback? GMB Profile reported repeatedly...now cannot get anyone to review and reinstate Help & Support for Google Local 4
M Review stars not showing up even though we have 40 reviews for GMB profile Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Colan Nielsen [New GMB Bug] Profile Short Name Issue with "Reviews" URL Local Reviews 1
Vincent Tobiaz Same person 2 profiles same review - flagging does nothing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Which link to use for company Google profile and reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
rclark GMB Profile Vanished & Reviews Merged With Other Realtor At Office Help & Support for Google Local 3
cleverlyengaged Multiple reviews from customers are not displaying on client's GMB profile. Nothing for 9 months. Local Reviews 6
H Yelp wont allow review responses unless you have a profile photo with a face Local Reviews 4
Garrett Sussman Realtor Review Sites: The Art of Building the Perfect Profile Local Reviews 0
Conor Treacy Bad Reviews, thinking of closing GMB profile Local Reviews 11
pbarnhart GMB Reviewers Now Link to MapMaker profiles Google My Business & Google Maps 3
N Services that post real reviews to fake (alternative) profiles Local Reviews 3
Nick.SEOSpark Why is the review showing "by a Google User" when the person has a Google+ Profile Local Reviews 8
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
D Spam Fighting With Reviews Spam on Google 7
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
E Review Spammer Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
Greg Bernhardt Why some categories show review snippet and some don't? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
D GMB showing 2 Review sections at Zero Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Oliver Keates BBC - "Man to pay £25,000 damages over negative TrustPilot review" Local Search 6
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
swmaher Competitor Buying Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google rule for collecting reviews from a dedicated tablet inside a store ? Local Reviews 8
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
R Facebook reviews dropped to 0; Google filtering reviews temporarily? Local Reviews 2
A Diminishing Returns on Number of Reviews? Local Reviews 6
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Webinar The State of Online Reviews in 2021 - January 14th at 2pm EST Events 0
C Review attributes gone missing Local Reviews 1
abbiebeltran Disgruntled former employee leaves 9 1-star reviews and counting on GMB listing Local Reviews 5
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Review Schema Mark up and Google My Business Reviews Local Search 4
Professor M No Reviews on Local Packs for Car Wash Category in Different Countries Google My Business & Google Maps 1
rickvidallon Delay in Seeing New Reviews Postings Dec 2020 Local Reviews 2
Antonio 4500 plus reviews suspended for a 26-year-old hotel business. Local Reviews 17
Chris Ratchford Yelp won't remove a review from a rude reviewer Local Reviews 14
jeff_taylor GMB Removes Reviews from Local Pack Local Search 0
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
rayrober Missing Reviews Local Reviews 10
P Replying to All GMB Reviews: Rank Impact? Local Reviews 8
R New GMB reviews gone Google My Business & Google Maps 6