raylaminac

Reaction score
So I'm nearly 100% sure I know the answer here BUT! We have had a few clients lately that are SABs and want their address shown. Now I've seen what appears to be preferred placement for businesses that have their address showing even if they are home addresses, but it still seems suspiscious to me and I don't ever like showing addresses on mobile businesses. My question is, does showing the address have an adverse affect on the campaign at any point?

I'm thinking this is a speeding scenario where yeah you can show the address, sure it might rank and Google might not penalize it, but you're breaking the rules and could get stopped at any minute. What are your thoughts / opinions?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
In the past, I used to see Google suspend pages for not hiding their address but the last example I saw was 2 years ago. Personally I would only show the address if there is a visible storefront.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Agree with Joy. All it takes is one competitor (or their SEO) editing/reporting the listing.
And the address would get removed anyway. And there is always the chance of a slap.

The key is to show your clients that having hidden address is not a negative ranking factor, since that's likely what they are afraid of.

Show them this one for example: https://www.google.com/search?q=plumber+san+marcos+ca&ie=UTF-8
#1 and 3 are hidden.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
S GMB Address Update for SAB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B SAB With Virtual Address - Advice Needed Help & Support for Google Local 4
S Is it possible to verify two SAB businesses with the same address if the address will be hidden? Service Area Businesses 2
Gordon.Ligon SAB vs Physical Address, and its ramifications for NAP citations Service Area Businesses 7
S Changing the address of a SAB business Service Area Businesses 3
virens Reporting SABs incorrectly set up with fixed addresses Spam on Google 12
P 2 Businesses, Same Address, 1 local, 1 SAB Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Stephanie Mahnken To Display a SAB's Address or Not Display....THAT is the Question! Service Area Businesses 12
Rich Owings Spam fighting SABs with home addresses Spam on Google 8
J Verified Address of SAB Service Area Businesses 23
Jen Currier Can a Business have two GMB listings within the same state if one is set up as a SAB and the other w/a Physical Address? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
W Debate about hiding addresses for SABs Local Search 16
Rich Owings SAB with hidden address moving their office - How to handle in GMB? Service Area Businesses 5
Rich Owings Will switching from SAB to address shown result in reverification? Service Area Businesses 1
KymM How to Claim SAB When Address is Unknown? Service Area Businesses 3
Oleg Donets Citations building for SABs with hidden addresses NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
KevinWag Exposing address make a difference in getting map pin for SABs? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Two SABs at one address - Google wants to close one GMB down Service Area Businesses 5
Caroline Two SABs at one address - Google wants to close one GMB down Service Area Businesses 5
Tim Colling Finding the "declared" address for an SAB listing Local Search 7
O SAB W/ Hidden Address - Do they count as a citation in ranking juice? Service Area Businesses 2
onebluesummer SAB W/ Hidden Address - Do they count as a citation in ranking juice? Service Area Businesses 2
O SAB to hide or not to hide Citation address Service Area Businesses 9
onebluesummer SAB to hide or not to hide Citation address Service Area Businesses 9
D Benefits of a SAB with a visible address? Service Area Businesses 6
dorothea Benefits of a SAB with a visible address? Service Area Businesses 6
Lloyd Silver How can a SAB protect their address privacy in maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 13
H SAB - Should the physical address be on the website? Service Area Businesses 1
H SAB - Should the physical address be on the website? Service Area Businesses 1
Erim Foster Fixing or removing erroneous citations for SAB with hidden address Citations 8
Jo Shaer Change from SAB to physical address Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
J Downloading location for SAB coming up blank Service Area Businesses 5
dateinadash SAB location no longer appears next to my business Service Area Businesses 1
accessted My SAB Showing in a different state Service Area Businesses 4
P How to reclassify a business as a SAB? Service Area Businesses 8
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
Gordon.Ligon SAB stuck in Pending after successful Post Card Verification 2+ months ago Service Area Businesses 2
C Listed Hours for a SAB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
david.victor Hybrid Business: SAB w/Physical Location Service Area Businesses 6
RattlingTram Map Pack Rankings for SAB with equal intent keywords Service Area Businesses 2
jpayne7 Claiming SAB That Has No Visible Claim Option Service Area Businesses 5
h.ottenhausen Google Reviews on Website (SABs) Service Area Businesses 0
D GMB Expansion for SAB Client who Acquired a Business Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J SAB Hard suspension Service Area Businesses 4
M "Jack of All Trades" SAB Offering Unrelated Services Service Area Businesses 5
JaredCaraway Can Setting a Service Area for Non-SAB Hurt Performance? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
david.victor SAB closing PO Box Service Area Businesses 16