More threads by skifr

skifr

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was searching for an answer in the forum's archive, but the latest answer was from 2016, so I guess a lot has changed since then
I have a client who has 3 location in the same city with the same number
My questions are:
1. Can Google still flag these as duplicates? Is there any risk of taking down all the listings?
2. Even if not, it will affect negatively their local rankings?

There isn’t any issue using the same number. You will cloud your data as you won’t be able to tel which location is getting calls. GMB insights is only mobile clicks to call. I personally move all of my clients away from phone trees and using the same number for all locations. We using call tracking numbers so we can show our clients the call data.

Thanks Keyser!
You wouldn't find it as a negative factor?
The same question gies to toll free numbers

We didn’t use toll free numbers. We use local area code numbers from Twillio. Prior to switching we ran a few controlled test on a handful locations. We didn’t see any negative ranking impact. You do need to continue to monitor your GMB listings as user suggested edits will attempt to revert your number back to your old number. We have a 3rd party company that we use to push out fresh data to override the pending edits.

Hi all,
I was searching for an answer in the forum's archive, but the latest answer was from 2016, so I guess a lot has changed since then
I have a client who has 3 location in the same city with the same number
My questions are:
1. Can Google still flag these as duplicates? Is there any risk of taking down all the listings?
2. Even if not, it will affect negatively their local rankings?

It is normal to use one national phone /if you are a chain of some objects, for example/ and it is ok.

We have a client with 10 gyms in the country and they are working with 1 phone number. Different addresses, pictures, etc prove that these are different locations.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom