More threads by Linda Buquet

No SABs should still not verify/merge.

In fact no one should right now until the update is complete. That's Google's advice for now - wait.

What do you mean "Also, is it OK to link the website?" Where? On what page? In what spot?

It's always been fine to link to the website in the URL field in the Places dashboard, if that's what you mean?

On their G+ Page, under the "Hours" category comes "Links". Their website is displayed there then a Google button "Link website". (Can send you screenshot if you like).

Seems innocuous enough but these days, "do this, but don't do that, wait a little while..." thought I'd ask;)

Ahhh, on the G+ page. I got it. Not aware of issues specifically with that part.

Went to one SAB's G+ I manage. He was "categorized" under "Construction". ERRR! Wrong!! He cleans and services pools and spas. Always has. So that little migration didn't transfer over real seamlessly.

No drama. I just corrected them. I'm a recognized "Page Manager" after all. Then I learn my edits won't appear until I verify that I'm the business owner.

That's just bad messaging did not mean you had to verify and should not have. The messaging is just poorly worded. What it meant is that the listing won't show in search or maps unless it's verified. Did not mean the changes would not go live.

Ah wow, this seems like a real mess!

I am SAB with both G+ Business page and Google Local Business place (hope I got the nomenclature correct). A while ago I read about how SABs should hide their address on their local page so I did that. All of my competitors have their address showing...doesnt seem to affect their rank. Furthermore, I think it's good having your address showing - it promotes trust.

Not sure if this question is off-thread topic, but I was wondering: IF local wants your address hidden, then should I not list it on my website? This seems contra to best practice of NAP listing on every page that I have read about. Thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom