More threads by ganapathy

ganapathy

Reaction score
Our web developer is using three cache plugins (Smush, Asset cleanup and WP Fast) at a time to increase website page speed insights.

My questions:
Is this best practice?
Is there any dis-advantage?

Those are not all cache programs. They each do different things.

Smush resizes uploaded images.

Asset Cleanup optimizes CSS and Javascript files.

WP-Fast is an optimization and Security plugin which also allows easy setup of a CDN. It likely includes a cache; I've never used it.

Thanks @djbaxter . Always good answers & help from you.
Sorry, I wrongly mentioned "WP fast" instead of "WP Fastest Cache".

We are using these below two plugins also.
1.WP Fastest Cache
2.WP-Optimize - clean, compress, cache

You should disable any extra caches. You can still use plugins that have a cache and other features but just turn off the cache option.

When I had multiple caching enabled I had issues with live pages not reflecting changes even after purging cache. Now I just use one WP Plugin and a CDN. The site lost only a few points with speed.

I came across this today. I feel it's worth testing.

When I had multiple caching enabled I had issues with live pages not reflecting changes even after purging cache. Now I just use one WP Plugin and a CDN. The site lost only a few points with speed.
I have seen a menu collapse issue with live pages sometime. One of our websites is not reflected properly until we manually delete it ("Delete cache and Minified CSS/JS").

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom