More threads by rwerner

rwerner

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We do business in the Netherlands.

For multiple customers we would like to rank in the local 3 pack with an ad if ranking organically is difficult, for instance in case of proximity.
For all relevant surrounding villages we would like to achieve this. We will then have presence in; search ads, local 3 pack and local organic results.

We use the location-extension in Google Ads and yes we (sometimes) show up. We bit already higher for relevant locations.
In some villages I see a company always with an ad in the local 3 pack. It looks like the own that place, but how?

Question is: What can we do to show up as much as possible with an ad in local 3 pack in the surrounding villages?

Any in depth suggestions/advice?

Thanks

Hi guys,

We do business in the Netherlands.

For multiple customers we would like to rank in the local 3 pack with an ad if ranking organically is difficult, for instance in case of proximity.
For all relevant surrounding villages we would like to achieve this. We will then have presence in; search ads, local 3 pack and local organic results.

We use the location-extension in Google Ads and yes we (sometimes) show up. We bit already higher for relevant locations.
In some villages I see a company always with an ad in the local 3 pack. It looks like the own that place, but how?

Question is: What can we do to show up as much as possible with an ad in local 3 pack in the surrounding villages?

Any in depth suggestions/advice?

Thanks

Good question

When google was great and the 3 pack was at the top of the SERP I used to aim for the same thing. Sometime got to be at the top with an ad, which turns it into a 4 pack. But only got the top position, and with the highest budget, only some of the time. I'm guessing cause sometimes it stayed a 3 pack with no ad.

This was my only explanation at the time. I'm assuming now it's even less important because of the lower position of the local pack. Top of the page PPC was more fruitful (at the time) anyhow.

Be good to hear from others.

Good question

When google was great and the 3 pack was at the top of the SERP I used to aim for the same thing. Sometime got to be at the top with an ad, which turns it into a 4 pack. But only got the top position, and with the highest budget, only some of the time. I'm guessing cause sometimes it stayed a 3 pack with no ad.

This was my only explanation at the time. I'm assuming now it's even less important because of the lower position of the local pack. Top of the page PPC was more fruitful (at the time) anyhow.

Be good to hear from others.

Thanks @Orlando Sydney. We go for dominating: Google Ads, Local 3 pack and then local search, till the moment we see it is not affordable to do them. Being on the first page, multiple times is what we believe in for now, for search intent "buy".

Thanks @Orlando Sydney. We go for dominating: Google Ads, Local 3 pack and then local search, till the moment we see it is not affordable to do them. Being on the first page, multiple times is what we believe in for now, for search intent "buy".

Cool. If 4 pack are available regularly for their niche, why not.

Have you guys tried using LinkedIn ads to supplement google ads + local?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom