More threads by Mindquest

Reaction score
@JoyHawkins I really enjoyed your "Upvoting a review" and had a follow up to the "Which 3 reviews get highlighted in the Knowledge Panel"

Since upvoting has no ability to affect change on the 3 reviews is there anything else that will? If you have a negative review for one of them is it most likely to stick long term even if other negative review are given for the client? Also wondering if the update cycle for these three reviews is a very long window?

I'm testing a few things on this right now but from what I've seen in the past, this section updates like once every year or two. The only exception to that is if someone updates/removes one of the reviews that shows up there - in which case it updates fairly quickly after.

I'm testing a few things on this right now but from what I've seen in the past, this section updates like once every year or two. The only exception to that is if someone updates/removes one of the reviews that shows up there - in which case it updates fairly quickly after.
Thanks for the quick follow up! The hope of having a "somewhat less negative" review take it place looks like less of a possibility given the long time window.

The other interesting part was your example with 3 negative reviews. I would image that got at least one positive review but they are not showing. Does this conflict with your thoughts that "It’s very common for Google to display 2 positive reviews and 1 negative review in this section like the examples below." or do you see this as an outlier case?

They were definitely an outlier because it was a business with a ton of negative reviews and their average rating is 1.1.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom