j_holtslander

Reaction score
What's the best way to handle this situation?

"Acme Inc. - Los Angeles" and "Acme Inc. - New York" are both simultaneously moving into a brand new office, "Acme Inc. - Malibu"

Change addresses in GMB for both locations to the new address and then request a merge of the resulting duplicates?
Change nothing and contact GMB support for assistance?

Advice?

BipperMedia

Reaction score
Here’s the easiest way to handle this:

1. Create new GMB for Malibu and request verification.

2. Once Malibu is verified, call GMB support to merge the other two into Malibu.

The merge could be done manually but this could open up many scenarios where you are calling GMB support... so that’s why I recommend just calling to request the merge once Malibu is verified.

I hope this helps!

j_holtslander

Reaction score
The only downside of that option is that customers may still end up going to LA or NY while we're waiting for Malibu to be verified and then for GMB Support to merge LA & NY into it.

BipperMedia

Reaction score
It will take less than 5 days to get verified and then a 10 min call to GMB support... max time 5 days

BipperMedia

Reaction score
10 min call max.... we’ve done literally hundreds of these types of scenarios.

The best part - once the merge is complete, your Malibu GMB should inherit all of the reveries and location authority of the other two!

j_holtslander

Reaction score
So in the end... Google support rep did most of the work for the merge but as the final step told me to have the current "Primary owner" remove themselves from the listing to complete the process.
BUT as it turns out the primary owner is away on maternity leave and unavailable and no-one knows her login. So now "LA" & "NY" offices are marked as "Permanently closed" and the Google rep isn't responding to emails.
Weeeee!!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
CarrieHill Switchbird Solves Lead Nurturing & Client Communication for Agencies and Their Clients LSF News and Announcements 11
M How to solve these errors in Ubersuggest? Organic SEO 44
Z Solved: Multi-Location Business, Google Maps only shows one location instead of two Multi-Location Issues 10
T 2Captcha: Solve reCaptcah without emulation and 100% correctly Recycle Bin 0
L SPAM: Solve ReCAPTCHA 2.0 with any image size: 2x4, 3x4, 4x4! Recycle Bin 0
ccbackus Yahoo! Local Listings - Aabaco - Yext - Anyone solve the mystery? Local Search 30
Linda Buquet Solving Local Ranking Mysteries & Local Expert QA - SMX Liveblogs via Bruce Clay Local Search 6
M Does adding a suite # for businesses sharing the same address solve NAP issue? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Traffic Blowing Up - Help me Solve the Puzzle! David??? Mod Squad 5
P SAB Puzzle - Please Help Me Solve It Service Area Businesses 7
Positiveim SAB Puzzle - Please Help Me Solve It Service Area Businesses 7
Linda Buquet How to Avoid & Solve Local SEO Client Conflicts - For Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet Valiant Effort to Help Solve Google Review Problems Local Reviews 22
Nicole Basham Success Having Multiple GMB Offers Up Simultaneously? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Webinar GMB Best Practices for Multi-Location Sites: Live Webinar April 14, 2021 Events 0
walkities Multi Location Using Same Phone Number? Local Search 2
R Car Dealerships Multi Listings by department Multi-Location Issues 4
Ben Walsh Is this still the ideal site structure for multi location businesses Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
G Antidetection Browser GoLogin for Multi-accounting Recycle Bin 0
E Re-naming Facebook Location Pages for a Multi-Location Brand Citations 11
H Multi-Location Content Strategy Google Local 101 6
Nicole Basham Multi-service Service Area Business: GMB Optimization Advice Needed Service Area Businesses 2
IanJohnson Multi-Location Businesses not showing Local results in SERPs Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Facebook multi-location - what are the risks? Local Search 1
KristiSimone Multi-practitioner office GMB names for practitioners Google My Business & Google Maps 5
NatalieS Using 'Located within' for multi-location businesses Multi-Location Issues 1
Lanerizz Properly Closing a Location on GMB for Multi-Location Business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
mikepetersonwi Multi Location Schema Multi-Location Issues 5
S Multi Fake GMB listings. What evidence is best to send to support my case(s) in redressal form? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Simple & Cheap Multi-Location Review Request Email Generator? Local Reviews 3
brettmandoes Automating Citations for Multi-Location Business Citations 13
Caroline Multi Location: Home Page Competing with Location Page Local Search 7
P Multi-location business - How can I update my GMB opening times for All my locations in one go ? Multi-Location Issues 3
S Multi Locations In A City Service Area Businesses 18
C Multi-Location Keyword Targeting - Looking for Thoughts / Advice Multi-Location Issues 0
chrish Multi-Location Keyword Targeting - Looking for Thoughts / Advice Multi-Location Issues 4
J Interesting, Sneak Way of Trying to Game Multi Location Google My Business Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 6
chicoelnino Multi Location question Google My Business & Google Maps 14
B Single-City Multi-Location Business Local SEO Multi-Location Issues 4
B Single-City Multi-Location Business Local SEO Multi-Location Issues 4
P Question about multi service and multi location Local Search 6
I Multi-location GMB Listings for Mobile Vets Local Search 3
H anyone have experience with facebook multi-location business pages Local Search 2
D Multilanguage Learning Chat bot with multi-level logic Recycle Bin 0
L Another Multi-Location SAB Question... Service Area Businesses 5
LloydDobbler Another Multi-Location SAB Question... Service Area Businesses 5
A Multi-locations - Reviews for the company or for each locations ? Local Search 7
dsteiner Proper Page Structure for Multi-Location Lawyers? Local Search 6
M How To Represent Multi-Location SABs Service Area Businesses 8
M How To Represent Multi-Location SABs Service Area Businesses 8