More threads by Rich Owings

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
I know that if an SAB with a home address is unverified, you should report it as spam. But what about the following situations?...
  • A verified SAB displaying a home address
  • A verified SAB displaying a home address and saying they are open 24 hours
What's the best way to handle legitimate businesses violating Google's guidelines in the above ways?

Can you elaborate? Would you mark it as Remove this business > Private place or home?

Yes, use a private place or home. If it's a residential address and the address is not hidden, flag it.

Thank you @keyserholiday. How about ones with a real office and a listed address, that say they are open 24 hours when they aren't, such as a plumbing company? I don't have any way to ascertain their true hours, so I can't edit the hours. Any tips in that case?

Here's an update... They all went into "in review" status, even one that had 10 keywords appended to their real buisnbess name!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom