More threads by WAHamilton

WAHamilton

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found a pretty obvious lead gen listing (Landscaping Mississauga), flagged as spam, and then reported using the Redressal Form. It's been roughly a month and it doesn't seem to have been removed -- what's the next step?

I've heard that sometimes it is necessary to drive to the location in question and get a photo of the exterior of the building. Any other tips? Does chatting with Google Support help expedite the process?

Let me know your spam-fighting hacks for this situation!

The trouble is that when a business brands itself online as thoroughly as that one has, Google's outlook seems to become, "Well, who's to say the business isn't really called [spammy exact-match phrase]?" There's a real FITYMI element here.

If you made it clear to Google what the real business is (the one behind the lead-gen setup), and provided solid evidence, that's pretty much all you can do.

What evidence did you provide to support your claim on submission?

WAHamilton, I am curious why you say that this is an obvious lead gen listing? Is it because of the name? If so, the reviews (which seem to be real) mention the company by the name in the listing.

They are registered with Ontario as a real business so it's legit.

1601551121817.png

WAHamilton, I am curious why you say that this is an obvious lead gen listing? Is it because of the name? If so, the reviews (which seem to be real) mention the company by the name in the listing.
Agreed. Nothing seems fishy or off about the company. Reviews seem legit and does not look like he is doing anything out of the ordinary.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom