More threads by TomW

TomW

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I noticed the the option "Not open yet" today when I was suggesting an edit to a listing. I don't recall seeing that before.

not-open-yet.png

Great spot, @TomW. I hadn't seen that, either.

Of course, I'm not sure Google can or will call balls and strikes on whether a business is open. One of my clients recently had a GMB page up 6+ weeks before their opening - and we had an interstitial on the site that said "We're opening on [date in the future]." It sure will be interesting to see whether Google ever acts on "Not open yet" edits.

Something else interesting with this is if you select 'Not open yet' it gives you the option to specify when it will open:

open.png

I'm curious to know how well this works. Maybe it would work in a situation like you had with client. Or maybe it would if several users specify the same future opening date.

Ample opportunity for people to mess up other people's GMB pages, intentionally and otherwise. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Great catch @TomW!

Curious to see if it has an impact on ranking.

Does the ranking grow as normal over the infancy of a GMB page? Or will it build it all up and release it once you open? Or will you start from scratch when you declare yourself open?

My bet is it grows as normal. But I'd love to see a case study.

I've had listings disabled for not being fully open yet. It does happen.
My guess is you could check back soon on some listings and see some of that data being used.

I've had listings disabled for not being fully open yet. It does happen.
My guess is you could check back soon on some listings and see some of that data being used.

How far away was the business from opening when they were disabled?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom