a11c

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the ability to add a tagline on a Google+ Local page.

Personally, I've only seen this on Google+ Personal Profiles and +Brand pages but it is not a field available on Google+ Local pages for all of our clients.

One of my clients sent this screenshot over that shows a field for tagline. When I sign in to their account, that field is not present. any ideas?

photo.PNG

photo.PNG

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
That is totally new to me? I just checked a couple of clients, both logged in and out, but see nothing like that.

Are they sure it was a Local page?

a11c

Reaction score
It is definitely a local page. the information on that screenshot matches the live Google+ Local listing exactly.

I apologize, I dont have permission to share the listing link though

Keenan Glass

Reaction score
That is a screenshot from a tablet, correct? Do you know what kind? What app?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Yes, we've been discussing and are curious about any other info you can share.

Adam Steele

Reaction score
@phil, saw your comment and HAD immediately thought "challenge accepted" and sought out the listing too.

@OP, nothing on my end. Testing? Once upon a time I used to optimize the comment/say something option in Google Places. Course back then I don't think it was even indexed. Oh the good ol days.

a11c

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses.

I'm assuming it is a tablet based on the layout of the dashboard. That screenshot was provided to me so I dont actually have access to the account.

When I check on an android tablet, I see a layout similar but without the tagline field. I'm trying to get more information about the device, app, etc..

If I get more information, I will be sure to share it.

Reaction score
As Keenan has mentioned, if they don't add anything to the tagline field, that tagline field will not appear for the rest of us. However, I would be curious to know if your client adds a tagline, if it will appear for the rest of us. Would the edit be "pending" or would it go live right away?

I find it interesting that some of the "cards" in that layout have pencil icons for editing, but others don't. However, knowing that you can't always do everything from a mobile device, that you can do from a desktop, it is not surprising that every area might not have an "edit" option.

Edit: I thought that Keenan had mentioned the fact that if they don't add info to a field, it won't appear in the public display. That must have been in a different post.

Keenan Glass

Reaction score
When I check on an android tablet, I see a layout similar but without the tagline field.

Alex - you mean that you see a similar layout using the Google Places for Business App? It appears this user is logged in to the management dashboard and not viewing a public page.

Kaleh - yes, I was commenting in another thread. If a user leaves the Tagline blank on a Company or Brand page, the field does not show on the live page.

a11c

Reaction score
Keenan, you are correct. I twisted my words a bit.

I was trying to confirm how they were seeing that layout, whether from a phone, tablet (andorid or iOS) desktop etc.. as I wasn't able to reproduce it with my resources. When viewing a Google+ Local listing in the management/admin dashboard, I was seeing a similar layout but excluding the tagline field.

I'm playing the middle-man role here so I apologize I dont have all the info yet.

The client is using an Ipad. We are having them add a tagline tonight and will confirm whether or not it shows on the live listing tomorrow.

Best

Keenan Glass

Reaction score
The client is using an Ipad.

What a trip.

We are having them add a tagline tonight and will confirm whether or not it shows on the live listing tomorrow.

We should get a pool going and place bets to see what happens.

A) Tagline cannot be saved
B) Saved but does not appear on Live page
C) Appears on Live page but only visible on Tablet
D) Appears on Live page in desktop

Thanks for the feedback!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
F) for Fluke and cannot be reproduced. :p

G) for "Golly it's gone now". If it was only a test.

Not saying either of those are my guess, just saying those are other options.

a11c

Reaction score
C.

We saved the tagline and it does show on the live listing but only in the Google+ app on the Ipad, Iphone and android devices. It is not showing on the desktop

Screenshot_2014-03-18-14-10-41.jpg

Screenshot_2014-03-18-14-10-41.jpg

Last edited:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Interesting! Thanks for letting us know Alex!

We've been discussing with Google so I'll let them know.

a11c

Reaction score
I should note, only the Ipad (i didn't check the iphone) has the editing field for tagline. My android tablet and phone do not have a field to edit tagline but they do display the tagline on the live listing.