More threads by camarchi01

Reaction score
I am curious what is proper tactics in targeting 3 different service areas for a client. They don't have any physical locations but they have "people" that can cater to certain areas. In South Carolina they have phone numbers for "Low Country", "Midlands" and "Upstate"

Generally they want to target Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC.

Their Google Maps listing looks like this. Screenshot by Lightshot Is this incorrect?

Should I claim 3 different listings and then each of those can target within 20 or 30 miles?

Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions.

The business is only allowed one listing unless they have actual offices. What you set as the service area has no impact on ranking so just pick whatever makes the radius on the map look right.

Thanks for the quick reply!

We are actually having trouble being able to claim the listing as it has been released previously. (long story)

But we sent in the postcard, but when we put in the pincode to verify GMB claims that it is a duplicate listing.
The listing is not claimed........

Next, after phone calls with Google they claim that the listing is marked as a duplicate because the website shows the address as a PO box.
What do we need to do? Do we have to remove the PO box mailing address from the website? Do we have to replace it with the home address given on the listing?

Thanks.

In regards to your first post, if you have offices set those up with GMB. If you don't, or even if you do, your next step is to set up landing pages for each location.

After that, do the basic Local SEO stuff like business listings, reviews for each location (or just 1 location if you don't have offices), etc.

Finally, your best bet beyond this is Adwords. With Adwords you can lock in on the area you want to advertise to much easier.

I'll let Joy handle your second post as she is the expert there.

If you're using a PO Box as the address on the listing, yes, you need to update this to be the home address as PO Boxes are not permitted.

I would also suggest updating the website and not listing the PO Box there either.

They don't have any physical locations but they have "people" that can cater to certain areas. In South Carolina they have phone numbers for "Low Country", "Midlands" and "Upstate"

Googles rules, if followed, won't allow your client to rank in the map/local pack for all the areas they serve, plain and simple. If not followed, well, that is a discussion for another forum LOL

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom