More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
This is a juicy one that I'm going to put aside for the morning. I skimmed over it and there are some great ideas in here. Thanks for the post Dillip Kumar Mohanty

How Google Scores Authors Of Social Network Content

According to Search Metrics ranking factors, weightage of social signal is increasing every year. After the evolvement of Google+ in 28th June 2011 & the recent deal between Google & Twitter which would allow Google to access Twitter?s Firehose data stream; it sends a very clear signal that Google has something different in mind about social network & social signal could be a crucial ranking signal.

In 2010, Google filed an application for patent Scoring Authors Of Social network Content that describes how search engine may score authors of social network content.

Thanks so much for writing this one up for me Justin!

FYI what I found interesting is he goes into a Google patent and shows diagrams from it. Similar to the many patent posts Chris Silver Smith has done. Kinda gives you a glimpse at how Google thinks and scores things. NOT that she uses every patent she files, but I think many of them are in the mix somewhere.

Looks like Google has finally found a solution to using social media as ranking factors in a way that makes sense. Thanks for sharing this is very insightful.

Google's patent proves what they have always said, that Google would like to use social more and perhaps one day not focus on links.

Social is important regardless of the ratings impact as you need to be where your customers are.

This is a juicy one that I'm going to put aside for the morning. I skimmed over it and there are some great ideas in here. Thanks for the post Dillip Kumar Mohanty

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom