Cagro

Reaction score
I have a client that does not like that I am replying to her customer reviews as a representative of her company. She wants me to reply as her. I thought I read a while back that this was a red flag to Google but I cannot find any reference to it on the Google Guidelines. Am I right or is it ok to reply as her?

Cagro

Reaction score
Hi Colan. When I reply to a review left for one of my customers I always identify myself example: "Hi, this is Chris Agro, I help xxx with her marketing. Thank you so much..." So I guess if I just write in first person as my client no one would know the difference. Just want to stay on Google's good side :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
freerunr GMB third party policies Consultant's Corner 0
ChristianRdz Ranking ups and downs of linking to third party sites Local Search 5
Oliver Keates Company GMB listing has been claimed by a third party Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S Dealing with third party order links for restaurants Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Google Warns Against Automated Queries: Implications for Third-Party Tools? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Dustybones Third Party Management Tools for Google+ Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 3
L How to take over third party listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
M Dealing with listings created by third parties (E.g. Yellow Pages) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Social Media Makes Up Nearly A Third Of All Referral Traffic Mobile & Social 6
Mike Yem Remove 3rd party messaging service All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
D Should I Bother Updating NAP on Business Listings and 3rd Party Sites? Citations 7
Mike Yem Automotive - 3rd Party Links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
JoshuaMackens 3rd Party Reviews = Copied Content? Local Reviews 4
C Do You Recognize These 3rd Party Tracking URLs? Google My Business & Google Maps 18
Priya Chandra Do you see what I see - 3rd party reviews in the local SERPs? Local Search 2
E 3rd party SEO company holding clients GMB listing hostage Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Blake Denman What 3rd party CRM/task management/project management do you use? Local SEO Tools & Software 16
JoyHawkins Linking to a 3rd Party Directory on G+ Local is Against Guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Bill Verboom Industry Canada 3rd Party Registration Instructions Citations 1
Linda Buquet Google To Train 20,000 3rd Party Reps To Sell Local Google My Business & Google Maps 3
David Fesler Effect of 3rd Party Reviews on Google Local Rankings Local Reviews 17
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djcoppedge Removing/Responding to Inaccurate Reviews in Healthcare Local Reviews 1
Niki Gross Responding to Reviews held by GMB Since March Local Reviews 2
Niki Gross Responding to Questions & Answers Google My Business & Google Maps 1
JoyHawkins Issue With Responding to Q&A on Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 23
Noelle Leahy Does responding to Google reviews in Dental Industry break Patient Confidentiality? Marketing 11
djbaxter Google: Tips for responding to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Remove Negative Google Reviews By Responding??? Don't Hide your Head in the Sand Local Reviews 0
Ray Litvak Respond to Negative Review(s) Local Reviews 5
eestrada234 Yelp Photo For Responding to Reviews for Multi-location Local Search 0
eestrada234 Responding to Reviews from same IP address Consultant's Corner 4
Ray Litvak Trouble Responding to Reviews Local Reviews 17
Chris Ratchford Confused about Google Reviews and responding to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Andrew Forster Question about responding to reviews Local Search 6
Colan Nielsen Can't Respond To Reviews? Local Reviews 0
grantbrott Respond To Review Not Showing Local Reviews 5
Colan Nielsen Responding To Reviews on Merchant Circle Citations 3
M Unable to Respond to Google Reviews - New Bug? Local Reviews 5
T Responding to Reviews and the Local Algo Local Search 3