More threads by mattstephenskc

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi. :) Do any of you know if it's possible to move/transfer/migrate attorney Google reviews from an old firm to a new firm's GBP? (I imagine this scenario applies equally to other local businesses that are essentially groups of licensed professionals, e.g., doctors, realtors.) This is assuming that the attorneys themselves are the subject of said reviews and are explicitly named in them.

Related to this question, is it possible to disavow/remove reviews (particularly critical ones) of attorneys who are no longer with the firm?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I did a cursory search and did not find this question in the forum archives. If it exists already, feel free to simply share a link to that.

Google won't transfer them unless it's their listing (practitioner listings) at the old firm.

Google also won't remove reviews about former employees since it was a genuine experience at that point in time with that business.

Google won't transfer them unless it's their listing (practitioner listings) at the old firm.

Google also won't remove reviews about former employees since it was a genuine experience at that point in time with that business.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming. That begs the question: would it be better to create practitioner listings?

If the attorneys plan on leaving and want to be able to keep their reviews, then yes, practitioner listings would be better.

@tarantino75 if the reviews explicitly mention the attorney by name and they're both using the same address, Google might move them. It's worth asking Google support. However, if you plan on keeping the firm listing (which I'm assuming you are), I would not suggest doing this.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom