aputtock

Reaction score
Around 2017, Google prevented the old route that I used to take to request access to hidden address listings.

Luckily, I found out there was another way (basically pasting in a link, and copying in the CID to the space with the 0000's).

I was AGHAST today when I discovered that this link is leading to a 500 error, but only for hidden address listings.

1581699747937.png

Basically, from now on, it looks like we will just have to set up a duplicate page right away instead of sending an Ownership Request.

Has anyone else seen this? :eek:

aputtock

Reaction score
Yes we will have to do that. It's just unfortunate because we aren't able to just send an access request to these listings now, as that was our main way of doing that.

So my fear is that I will create a duplicate listing for a listing that the business owner ACTUALLY owns in their account, since they can't get a notification anymore to easily share access.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 14
Collin Unable to delete photos or change the category Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
L Unable to Verify after Requesting Access Google My Business & Google Maps 3
mikepetersonwi Unable to create GMB listing as it's considered a duplicate Google Duplicates & Merges 1
T Unable to Claim an Unverified Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Oliver Keates Unable to Verify Knowledge? Local Search 2
Rich Owings Google temporarily unable to transfer reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 8
T Need Help, Unable To Get In The Business Index Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Unable to Add Free Listing To YP Due To "Thryv.com" sales. Citations 16
Cordell Crowley Unable to See Business's Star Rating/Number of Reviews at First Glance? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley Unable to hide address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Travis Van Slooten Unable to Claim or Update iBegin Listings (Unless Using Yext)? Local Search 14
O GMB unable to save category order. Local Search 1
TonyIsSocial Unable to Add Myself as Manager to Client Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
M Unable to Respond to Google Reviews - New Bug? Local Reviews 5
Travis Van Slooten We Are Unable To Store Your Image At This Time??? Help & Support for Google Local 5
J Don't know if company submitted for GMB reinstatement Help & Support for Google Local 2
Caroline S Best Practices For Submitting Spam Edits On Google Maps? Spam on Google 2
BenFisher GMB Redressal Form Updated - Clarifies what to NOT submit. Spam on Google 17
Caroline Submitting Directory Entries Local Search 3
M Including tracking number when you submit to data aggregators? Ex. BrightLocal NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Jen Currier New Business Moving in 6 months - Submit Aggregator Listings Now or Later Citations 2
J Are all those Citations available to Submit to on Bright Local worth it ? Citations 7
C Yahoo Local Listing - No Free Submit Option? Local Search 10
K Removing address on site after submitting service area biz to G, data providers Local Search 3
Matthew Newman Can't Submit PIN in Google Places, Box Grayed Out Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Colan Nielsen We Have Submitted Our Client To Over 100 Directories, Time To Switch Gears. Citations 9
shondarogers How Long Should I wait after submitting to Directories before claiming Google Places Local Search 3
Dave Cosper Anyone submitting to Nokia Maps? Mobile & Social 16
sergiuliano Using location.KML and geomap.xml for submitting your locations to Google Maps Local Search 12
Travis Van Slooten How To Submit Your Business at CitySearch.com Local Search 8
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
L Does selecting a service area for hidden address business have negative effects? Moving or Name Changes 1
Charles Jenkins SCHEMA For local business with address hidden? Local Search 1
S Is it possible to verify two SAB businesses with the same address if the address will be hidden? Service Area Businesses 2
dave101 Shown vs Hidden Address on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Negative Google Reviews that have been hidden behind fake business Moving or Name Changes 10
B Grid-type tools for service-area biz with hidden address? Local SEO Tools & Software 4
Rich Owings SAB with hidden address moving their office - How to handle in GMB? Service Area Businesses 5
Yan Gilbert (Wrong) Directions to Hidden Addresses showing on Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
snysarah Does address change impact proximity signal if it's hidden? Service Area Businesses 13
Oleg Donets Citations building for SABs with hidden addresses NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Garrett Sussman Are You Losing 5 Star Reviews to Hidden Customer Expectations? Local Reviews 2
O SAB W/ Hidden Address - Do they count as a citation in ranking juice? Service Area Businesses 2
onebluesummer SAB W/ Hidden Address - Do they count as a citation in ranking juice? Service Area Businesses 2
Linda Buquet Don't Rank in the Google Local 3 Pack? Here are Some Hidden Reasons - Joy Hawkins Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet The Hidden Dangers of Being a Local Search Consultant - IMPORTANT Consultant's Corner 24