More threads by Jaimie S

Jaimie S

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing an unprecedented amount of GBP suspensions? I had 3 separate profiles suspend after doing a post on the account. Other accounts are suspending after making changes to business hours or main categories.

These are across 3 different countries and listings are managed by different Users (in different countries, different logins etc).

Its been about 1-2 weeks of this.

Is this the same for any other agencies?

Thanks ahead!

Solution
Changing categories can trigger a suspension. I know that Google was suspended business profiles for updating the hours and that was a bug and shouldn't be happening. Getting suspended for creating a post is not normal and sounds like a bug.
I experienced a slight improvement in the situation. GBP are much less frequently suspended for editing (we do testing every few days) as well as less frequently suspended immediately after verification.

Anyone noticed anything similar?

Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing an unprecedented amount of GBP suspensions? I had 3 separate profiles suspend after doing a post on the account. Other accounts are suspending after making changes to business hours or main categories.

These are across 3 different countries and listings are managed by different Users (in different countries, different logins etc).

Its been about 1-2 weeks of this.

Is this the same for any other agencies?

Thanks ahead!

Yes they are suspending as soon as the post card pin is entered. Then they force a video verification. Makes no sense. All recently. Handful. They are also very sloowwwwwwwww.

I suspect the postcard-to-suspension pipeline is an undesirable side effect of introducing a change in the way different modes of validation are favored. I.E. the postcards sent before the "switch" to prioritize video make for validations that are no longer considered correct by the algorithm, hence the instant suspension.

Hey Marcin, what do you mean by less frequently? Are you still seeing some suspensions?

Hey

Yes. Previously, almost every editing of a profile or entering a PIN code caused a suspension. Now I have noticed an improvement and many more changes are accepted without problems.

Finally getting some traction on our side. Our agency saw a huge flux in suspensions +40%. 114 down in the last months now down to 99 with a good line of communication of google support. I hope we are at the tail end of this. We had to submit the storefront/signage again via email instead of the reinstatement form online.

Anyone else noticing a decrease in this rash of unexplained and, if you will, oversensitive GBP suspensions?

A little bit, but we are still seeing suspension for tiny edits/verifications.

Thanks for that update on what you are seeing!

Follow up question have you seen this issue of suspensions also come up if you are ONLY updating/changing images or adding Google Posts?

For now I am holding off on everything

To provide some insight: I was just able to change service categories on a verified GBP of mine. The change showed "under review" for a few minutes and was successfully changed. No need to re-verify.

We are down from 117 10/10/22 to 28 as of today. Hoping for 0 by the end of this month.

do you mean 117 suspended listings where the suspension has been removed?

Or did you get 117 new suspensions on 10/10 and only 28 new suspensions today.

Sorry for not clarifying.

We had a huge uptick in suspensions this month. The number of new suspensions went up to 117. After communication and some work, we got the suspensions down to only 28.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom