More threads by lukeelliott

lukeelliott

Reaction score
I am an advertiser. I own the website I made for a company. I am charging them a per-call fee. I use a tracking number through AvidTrak.com to put on the website.

To avoid certain issues, I have opted to go with DNI Call Tracking On the website itself. this also serves other purposes.

My main question: can I use DNI call tracking on the website, but not on the GMB listing. For the GMB listing, I was thinking to just go with the tracking number.

Furthermore, The company which I have listed on the website does NOT have a GMB listing created for this specific location. The location is Cincinnati, Ohio. His main operation is in Dayton, where he DOES have another GMB listing setup. I will be creating a "new" GMB listing with his company name + City name (Cincinnati) added to his company name. So it will be (Official Company Name + Of Cincinnati) He has given me his express consent to do this for him and he understands that I will be putting a tracking number on the GMB page as well. It will serve as the official number. However... does using the tracking number for the GMB page pose a problem since the website is using DNI.

I'm pondering whether I should just use the tracking number on the site, get rid of the DNI, so the number on the site and the GMB listing match.

The company owner is also providing me with the address, and photos to use. Let me know if further information is required to answer my question.

Howdy - I run Juvo Leads and part of our offering is DNI call tracking. I spend a lot of time setting lead tracking up for agencies.

My main question: can I use DNI call tracking on the website, but not on the GMB listing. For the GMB listing, I was thinking to just go with the tracking number.

Answer: You can't use DNI on GMB. DNI means a number from a pool is given to a visitor. To track GMB do not take a number from your DNI website pool - that will screw up your DNI. Grab a static number for your GMB listing.

It will serve as the official number. However... does using the tracking number for the GMB page pose a problem since the website is using DNI.

Not at all. DNI does not effect SEO nor "NAP Consistency" here's a good article on how to do it: Can You Use a Call Tracking Number in Google My Business? - Whitespark Local Insider White Spark has a paid citation listing service so they know citations.

I'm pondering whether I should just use the tracking number on the site, get rid of the DNI, so the number on the site and the GMB listing match.

It's 2020 - DNI has been around for a long time now. Google will not "Flag" you for using it and it will not effect your SEO. If you don't track GMB you're missing a potential ton of calls. Happy to answer any further specific questions. Thank you :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom