More threads by Shelly

Shelly

Reaction score
What is the best way to report GMB listings that are privately owned individual rental homes/properties as opposed to vacation rental agencies? I tried the suggest an edit but there is not a way to report the incorrect category (though I did suggest a new name). I also tried the Redressal form for one and I did not have any result. There are piles of these in my area that are spamming names and listing themselves as multiple categories including hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, and Vacation Rental Agency. I want to hit these hard but I am not sure the best method.

@Shelly If you have already used the Redressal form with no success I would create a post at the GMB Forum and if you want to send me a link to the post I will look at it and send it over to Google for you.

@Colan Nielsen There are a LOT of these. Should I first go through and fill out a redressal for each that I am finding and then list them all in a single thread in the forum or do I have to do an individual redressal and individual forum thread for each?
Also - I have wondered in the redressal form if I should be using my GMB listing under "listing getting impacted" or if I can use the name of the rental I am trying to report.

Do the Redressal first. I can't help until that is done. An individual Redressal form for each one might yield better results from GMB support but you can also submit multiple listings in one report. It really comes down to how you want to keep everything organized.

This will take some time but I will work through it. I may also try suggesting an edit to remove based on "private place or home" for a couple and see if that works. Once I am done with the redressals and I get the thread going, I will pick this string back up.
Thank you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom