More threads by jeff_b91

jeff_b91

Reaction score
I created a Google Business page for a company that already has two other locations and just opened a 3rd. Did the video verification 3 weeks ago, and its been stuck in "processing" mode ever since. I've contacted Google support several times and have not received a response. I've also submitted a question to the Google community forum, with no response either. I've attached a screenshot. One area if the Google business profile says it is processing, and one area says its verified. But when I go to the page, it still says its processing and I can't respond to reviews, so that's why I say it must be "stuck"

Thanks!

Linearco.jpg

Hi @Colan Nielsen, I have 2 cases where this happened (after reinstatement), one in the US and another in the UK, actually Google told me that it's a technical issue in both cases and engineers are trying to resolve it.
Case IDs 4-0161000034810 and 0-1943000035322

1699096423548.png

I created a new GBP for a client this week, and so far it's only asked for phone verification, which we did. It is now 'processing' for more than a day. On the SERP NMX it says this "usually takes a few minutes."

I would expect it to take longer than a few minutes... but how many days before I should consider it "stuck"?

Hi Nikki, it really depends on the category and some other factors behind the scenes. I would be proactive and reach out to GBP support.

I created a new GBP for a client this week, and so far it's only asked for phone verification, which we did. It is now 'processing' for more than a day. On the SERP NMX it says this "usually takes a few minutes."

I would expect it to take longer than a few minutes... but how many days before I should consider it "stuck"?

Mine is stuck too! Did you have any luck with support?

@sarmcl , I didn't get a chance. Within 2 days of being stuck in the 'processing' status, the profile was suspended. Which is funny, because I'm not sure it ever actually got verified!

So now I'm going to appeal the suspension, but I'm waiting on the proper documentation before I open up that support ticket. I'm not sure how common it is for a brand-new profile to get suspended. The category is Dumpster Rentals and Landscaping.

@sarmcl , I didn't get a chance. Within 2 days of being stuck in the 'processing' status, the profile was suspended. Which is funny, because I'm not sure it ever actually got verified!

So now I'm going to appeal the suspension, but I'm waiting on the proper documentation before I open up that support ticket. I'm not sure how common it is for a brand-new profile to get suspended. The category is Dumpster Rentals and Landscaping.

In certain business categories is very common for brand-new profiles to get suspended after verification

At our agency, we consider a "successful" phone verification to not be the end of the process, since 80% of the time, a video verification is requested anyway. Makes you wodner why they keep phon notification at all!

At our agency, we consider a "successful" phone verification to not be the end of the process, since 80% of the time, a video verification is requested anyway. Makes you wodner why they keep phon notification at all!

Right! Although in this case they reinstated it within 12 hours of me submitting the request and said no further verification is needed.

Does this math work …
Phone verification + immediate suspension + reinstatement = phone verified ?
Lol.

@Colan Nielsen this issue must be ongoing because it's 2 months later, and I'm also having this issue. Can you help? I have 2 open cases with Google support 4-2092000035775 and 3-4283000036288

this issue must be ongoing because it's 2 months later, and I'm also having this issue. Can you help? I have 2 open cases with Google support 4-2092000035775 and 3-4283000036288

@Yeep I would suggest asking for help at the GBP Forum.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom