More threads by Chris B

Reaction score
Hello there,

I have a funny feeling this isnt going to be the first time you have heard of this problem.

So I go into clients dashboard today and then on the .."view" link in the upper right, it takes you to his competitors store. This is a location that I have had the ..we do not support message on here and other issues. It is a cell phone store inside a mall so not sure if that just automatically causes issues or not.

I am guessing I need to contact google and have them fix it.

Thanks

Chris

It sounds like a merge.

When you search in maps can you find your clients ACTUAL listing with all the right details that match dash?

When you search in maps can you find the other guy's ACTUAL listing?

Or do you only see one listing that has some of the info from each business?

If you agree it sounds like a merge, here's how to fix it.

To get help with your merged listing use Google's Fix a Problem Troubleshooter
(Be sure be logged into the same account your Place page is in)
My listing has incorrect information.

Select the top option: Listing data, including title, address, phone >>
I have used Report a Problem - tick yes.

Then click the small link at bottom of page that says complete this form to specify correct info.
Then on that next page it asks you to explain which fields are incorrect.

Google will see this is a merge and support will usually reply via email within a week or two.

Thanks Linda, on my clients for maps location, it shows his address correctly but no business name nor phone # only address but that is in the correct location.

As for the competitor, his listing does show up correctly on maps.

Thanks Linda, on my clients for maps location, it shows his address correctly but no business name nor phone # only address but that is in the correct location.

Wait are you saying only thing on listing is address? Name and phone are totally missing? That's weird, would love to see it.

Yes, heres the address..

1600 Mid Rivers Mall Dr #2096, St Peters, MO

and im using Google Maps just wanted to input to make sure im not in the wrong place :)

But that only shows me map search of the address.
That does not tell me business name or phone.

I thought you were giving me link to actual client page or telling me that ON THE PAGE the name and phone were missing.

Give me name and phone and I can do more checking.

Sorry about that Linda, the business is GoWireless. We originally had all his stores as Verizon wireless and then out of the blue Google changed them all to Gowireless.

heres the link to local+ page. and its bare though i have updated it twice now and still nothing is showing up.

https://plus.google.com/117474372827375102441/about?hl=en

just let me know if you need any additional info. appreciate your help!

Moved to support since we now have link and are looking at specific case instead of general discussion.

Do you ever use MM for troubleshooting? Need to. It tells part of the story.
Google Map Maker

That other dealer has the same number as your listing.

PLUS major problem: You said:

"the business is GoWireless. We originally had all his stores as Verizon wireless and then out of the blue Google changed them all to Gowireless."

If the business name is GoWireless then putting the name as Verizon wireless is a MAJOR violation and could get them suspended.

AND Verizon in the name is likely contributing to the merge, esp since on same street.

NOW Google changed the name on the listing you linked to, to:
GoWireless Premium Verizon Wireless Retailer which is major KW stuffing!

PLUS there is a 2nd listing for your client that has MORE info and looks claimed.
https://plus.google.com/114734832656554055796/about?gl=us&hl=en
(Is part of what's in your dash on this listing? If so it may be a split listing. Those are SUPER tricky!)

You can see all 3 listings here: http://goo.gl/maps/ac6NZ They are all partially merged I think.

This is a huge ClusterF I think. Getting suspended which could have been one outcome for the listing, would maybe have been easier to deal with, than the convoluted multi-problem mess that you have now.

Too complicated and time consuming for me to go into any more detail on. Fixing this or advising how to fix would take a deep dive and more history, screenshots, couple hours of work. Behind on work I owe consultants that are paid clients, so need to go work on them.

BUT you can't just change name in dash to clear the violation you need to close this listing and open new. Which is a multi-step process to do it right. Plus that's only one of many problems I suspect.

Thanks Linda, i understand completely. As for the business name change, we didn't do that. The client had told us to list as .. Verizon Wireless and that was fine till a few months ago when I noticed that all of his stores were changed to what you see now. They even took out the link to Verizon site and replaced with Gowireless. I assumed Google did that bc i know we didn't and customer certainly didnt.

His other stores with us are all fine, it's only this one that has given us fits! I will talk with client and see what he may want to do since I believe this might be one of the stores he's not as focused on due to natural traffic in the mall.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom