More threads by Cuoreimpavido

Cuoreimpavido

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if there is any tool to analyst why GBP competitors are ranking above mine.
I tried to use BrightLocal's GBP analysis but it doesn't seem to cover enough factors as it shows no signs of competitor advantage on top ranked profiles. I'm attaching a screenshot.

BTW, these top 3 results and their ranking are pretty accurate for almost every placement in our town. So I don't think it's only because of distance from the viewer exact location inside that town. So there must be some other factors that contribute to the ranking that this specific tool doesn't track...

Thank you!

brightlocal analysis.jpg

Solution
Hi @Cuoreimpavido, it is difficult to provide additional assistance without knowing more information about your business, such as the industry, keywords you are attempting to rank, GBP, age of your business, age of your competitors, etc. Also, it is helpful when posting to advise what work you've been doing to improve your ranking. There could be a dozen reasons or more why your competitors rank better.

But to answer your initial question, if you want to audit your competitors GBPs, a great tool is: GMB Everywhere - GBP Audit for Local SEO

You may want to also take a look at this recent article by Sterling Sky that may give your GBP an advantage if you haven't adjusted your services lately: Do Services in Google...
Hi, I was wondering if there is any tool to analyst why GBP competitors are ranking above mine.
I tried to use BrightLocal's GBP analysis but it doesn't seem to cover enough factors as it shows no signs of competitor advantage on top ranked profiles. I'm attaching a screenshot.

BTW, these top 3 results and their ranking are pretty accurate for almost every placement in our town. So I don't think it's only because of distance from the viewer exact location inside that town. So there must be some other factors that contribute to the ranking that this specific tool doesn't track...

Thank you!

brightlocal analysis.jpg

Do one of the four results belong to you? If so, which one? Also, what are the organic ranking positions for the competitors?

Hi @Cuoreimpavido, it is difficult to provide additional assistance without knowing more information about your business, such as the industry, keywords you are attempting to rank, GBP, age of your business, age of your competitors, etc. Also, it is helpful when posting to advise what work you've been doing to improve your ranking. There could be a dozen reasons or more why your competitors rank better.

But to answer your initial question, if you want to audit your competitors GBPs, a great tool is: GMB Everywhere - GBP Audit for Local SEO

You may want to also take a look at this recent article by Sterling Sky that may give your GBP an advantage if you haven't adjusted your services lately: Do Services in Google Business Profiles Impact Ranking? - Sterling Sky Inc

Solution
I was going to suggest BrightLocal's tool. I don't know of any other tool to use. However, is it possible distance is the missing link in your equation? The map is blacked out in the screenshot you shared. Distance is a huge factor in map rankings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom