More threads by FatSniper

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm working on a site where they are crushing it organically (#1), but in Maps, their performance is very curious.

They only rank number 1 on their block it seems.

Check this out:

local-falcon1.png

Other competitors of the same ZIP code absolutely crush it-- 1st thru 3rd across the board.

I don't get it. What could be going on here?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

What kind of business is it? I've found that proximity can be weighted quite differently depending on the category. A lawyer might have pretty stable rankings across a large area, whereas a coffee shop might drop off really quickly.

rank.jpeg

How are they doing with factors that are more important for local SEO, i.e. review quality and count?

What kind of business is it? I've found that proximity can be weighted quite differently depending on the category. A lawyer might have pretty stable rankings across a large area, whereas a coffee shop might drop off really quickly.

rank.jpeg

How are they doing with factors that are more important for local SEO, i.e. review quality and count?

Law firm.
217 reviews.
4.7 stars.

Great data chart there!

I would really try and start to build geographical relevancy for your client. If he is ranking #1 organically I'm you have a solid SEO plan. Also, it doesn't hurt to build some links to the CID Url, of the GMB with city name/zip code as anchor text. Add driving directions from local landmarks and parks.

My gut tells me they are likely filtered. Are there other law firms ranking in the top 5-10 that are in the same building or right beside them?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom