More threads by AlexPete

AlexPete

Reaction score
Hi, curious to see what email subject lines have you used in the past when you asked past clients to leave GBP reviews.... what worked and what didn't.

Thanks.

I have always found the best way to get your customers attention is to use something that they know about and might actually care about.

As an example, the best time that I get reviews is right after doing the work. When the work is finished during the day they will get an email payment confirmation. But later in the day I will hand write them an email that I attach a very formal and nice looking paid invoice too. I will write in the subject line “receipt for today’s work“. I will mention that it was a pleasure working for them and they should contact me if they need anything else. Then I will say that a review would be greatly appreciated, even just a star rating will help tremendously. If you’re emailing to someone with a Gmail account it is a good idea to mention that they won’t even have to sign up for anything, it only takes a second to click the link.

When asking for reviews later, I will try to find something to talk to them about. So for example I might write in the subject line “how’s that blah blah blah doing?“ And mention some thing that I did for them, then say the same thing I mentioned above.

Thanks. David. That definitely can work with recent clients but I was curious what you would use for a past client (even 1 year ago)?

Thanks. David. That definitely can work with recent clients but I was curious what you would use for a past client (even 1 year ago)?

We recently sent out a request to a number of our clients asking for reviews. The subject line was simply;
"Big Red SEO needs your help, can you help us?"

We did not use a mail blast, we actually sent the emails individually. The person who had the most contact with the client was the one that sent the email to them.

The opening lines were simply;
Can we steal 5 minutes of your time and have you write a review on your experience with Big Red SEO? We're trying to get national exposure via an award and one of the key ranking factors is votes/reviews.

This worked for our needs. We have no problem groveling when needed. Oh, and yes, we did take the top spot in the award recognition :) We then sent an email out to each of our clients (even those that didn't vote/review) to let them know we won and gave them a link to the post. And re-encouraged those that hadn't voted could still review us.

We recently sent out a request to a number of our clients asking for reviews. The subject line was simply;
"Big Red SEO needs your help, can you help us?"

We did not use a mail blast, we actually sent the emails individually. The person who had the most contact with the client was the one that sent the email to them.

The opening lines were simply;
Can we steal 5 minutes of your time and have you write a review on your experience with Big Red SEO? We're trying to get national exposure via an award and one of the key ranking factors is votes/reviews.

This worked for our needs. We have no problem groveling when needed. Oh, and yes, we did take the top spot in the award recognition :) We then sent an email out to each of our clients (even those that didn't vote/review) to let them know we won and gave them a link to the post. And re-encouraged those that hadn't voted could still review us.

Thanks, Conor. I am doing the same thing, sending emails individually (5 to 6/day). I am asking for a favour in the subject line : )

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom