Reaction score
Ken Lyons over at Search Engine land posted a blog reviewing 26 Free / Free-to-try tools for marketers. I am constantly testing tools, but there are a few I use on a regular basis.

Skype, Google Drive, Basecamp / Highrise are a few I use daily. Do you have any favorites?

There are three things that successful marketers do well:

• Adapt to new standards.
  • Collaborate with team members.
  • Leverage the best tools to streamline and scale their efforts.
The digital marketing landscape is constantly evolving. And those new standards ? best practices, social networks, consumer preferences, etc. ? seem to change on a weekly basis.
Unfortunately, an ever-changing landscape is really out of a marketer?s control. The best you can do it educate yourself and adjust.
But the second two instruments in a successful marketer's belt ? effective collaboration and killer tools ? are completely within your reach.

Read More

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Another great topic for our members. Thanks Justin!

Reaction score
Good topic :)

I'm always on the hunt for tools that increase productivity. Here's my list:

1) Snaggit + YouTube for client videos
2) BidSketch.com for proposals -> new to this, but LOVE it
3) Good 'ole email =\
4) MindMeister.com - mind mapping software - easy to share.
5) Podio.com - task / team / project manager - free.
6) Shared Google Spreadsheets
7) Dropbox

Now those are tools I use to collaborate, but here is my tool box for work:

1) Sublime Text 2 - awesome for coding
2) Filezilla FTP - duh
3) Office 365 for my words and excels
4) PhotoPlus for my FREE photo editing
5) DrawPlus PAID - for vector file editing
6) Stupeflix for videos, but trying out Movie Plus free soon.
7) GistBox - The Beautiful Way to Organize Code Snippets - awesome code snippet manager
8) Evernote - where or where would I be without Evernote? :D
9) Page Ruler - Chrome Extension
10) Fire Bug - Chrome Extension
11) Last Pass - for passwords and stuffs
12) DesktopServer - for local development and super awesome deployment!
13) ColorZilla - Chrome Extension
14) Lorem Ipsum Generator - Chrome Extension
15) WP Migrate DB Pro - awesome for copying client sites for local dev work

and yeah, there's more...

Fun topic :)

mborgelt

Reaction score
Hey Justin,

The best free tool that we use is an organization application called Trello. You can sign up for free with your Gmail account at Trello.com. It is great for collaboration because you can create boards for specific tasks or clients. Once you have a board, you can create organized cards within card decks. What I like best about this app is that you can assign one or multiple people to tasks and set due dates. You can also create checklists on these cards and create descriptions. The color-coding is also a great feature because it lets everyone using the board how far along a tasks is or what kind of tasks the card is. Trello is very simple to learn and once you do I think it's one of the best ways for an organization to collaborate. Hope you find this helpful.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I second Trello.

Also, just checked out bidsketch. Looks pretty awesome.

Is anyone else using it?

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
I saw this one on a inbound.org thread, but check out Asana. It's pretty handy for project management (kind of like basecamp), and sends you email updates for upcoming due dates on projects. Simple, handy, and free up to a certain number of users.

leadjoint

Reaction score
Another happy Trello user here. It has such an easy click and drag interface that makes collaboration such a breeze.

travelincat

Reaction score
Podio is a great collaboration tool, and it's free for a limited amount of users.

paulg

Reaction score
I would second trello as a great way to manage tasks for a team ... you could also look at Pivotal Tracker Pivotal Tracker | Agile Project Management which is big in the software development space.

I have been hearing so much about slack though https://slack.com/ and have just signed up ... if the onboarding process is anything to go by its a winner .. but they are exploding at the moment so must be good.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Attend SMX June 23-24 online… for free Events 0
Linda Buquet 2015 Guide to Free SEO Training Courses Online | SEW Organic SEO 3
G Watch the wolvering online free full hd (x-men) Recycle Bin 0
WilliamA Free Chrome browser extension for GMB Categories. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
Colan Nielsen Find Local Link Opportunities with ZipSprout’s FREE Local Sponsorship Finder! Local SEO Tools & Software 8
Colan Nielsen NEW Free Apple Listing Management For Brands With 20+ Locations LSF News and Announcements 0
R Free GMB Posting Tool: Postamatic by TwoOctobers.Com Google My Business & Google Maps 0
zach.todd Free Chrome extension for GMB Spam Fighting Spam on Google 14
georgenenni Free Chrome Extension for viewing GMB Categories NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 52
Colan Nielsen Free Local Listings Health Scanner from Bright Local Local SEO Tools & Software 2
D Are Others Getting Emails For Backlinks From Free Stock Photos? Organic SEO 3
CarrieHill dbaPlatform Offering GMB Post Scheduling Tool for Free during COVID-19 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
bruce@brucejone List Of Over 100 Free SEO Tools Recycle Bin 0
Tim Colling Why register a domain name with your toll free number? Organic SEO 5
D SiteAnalyzer - free SEO spider and audit tool Recycle Bin 0
S Free tool for local businesses - update data on Google, Facebook, Yelp, etc. - would you use it? Local SEO Tools & Software 7
JoyHawkins New Free Tool to Track Fluctuation in Local SERPs Local SEO Tools & Software 0
M Any FREE content options please? Local Content 2
Gsmithmike What to do if the main business number is 888, which is toll free? Local Search 5
Yan Gilbert Free Webinar: How to Sell and Deliver Reputation Management to Clients Events 0
AndySimpson How to upload Google's FREE Google My Business review video as a GMB post - Part 2 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
AndySimpson How to upload Google's FREE Google My Business review video as a GMB post - Part 1 Google My Business & Google Maps 12
JoyHawkins Free Webinar: Is Pay-to-Play the Future of Google My Business? Events 1
ChloeButterfill Share your favorite free Local SEO tools Local SEO Tools & Software 42
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Unable to Add Free Listing To YP Due To "Thryv.com" sales. Citations 16
JoyHawkins New Free Tool from BrightLocal Local SEO Tools & Software 7
R Free Webinar: Under the Hood with Local Falcon Events 3
R Free Webinar: How to Use LinkedIn to Generate Leads for Your Local Business Events 0
R Free Webinar: Organic Facebook Marketing Tips for Local Businesses Events 0
R Free Webinar: Under the Hood with Simpli.fi Events 0
R Free Webinar: Wix, Weebly, Squarespace and WordPress - Which Is Best? Events 0
R Free Webinar: How to Use Nextdoor to Reach Your Local Customers Events 0
R Free Webinar: Under the Hood with Map Labs Events 0
R Free Webinar: Local SEO Guide Google Ranking Factors for 2019 Events 0
R Free Webinar: Google Local Service Ads with Tom Waddington Events 1
R Free Webinar: 15 Things You Must Do to Improve Your Google My Business Rank in 2019 Events 2
AndySimpson Free: TechSEO Boost 2018 - Thursday, November 29, 2018 Events 1
R Free Webinar: How Agencies Should Package and Sell Review Management Services Events 0
djbaxter Free webinar, SEO in 2019, from Yoast: November 20, 2018 Events 0
J Free Rank Checkers for Amateurs? Local SEO Tools & Software 7
JoyHawkins New Free Google My Business Grader Tool From ThriveHive & David Mihm Local SEO Tools & Software 34
Garrett Sussman [New Free eBook] The Agency Profit-Boosting Secrets To Pricing Review Management Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman How To Help Your Clients Optimize Their Review Site Listings [FREE PDF DOWNLOAD] Local Reviews 2
djbaxter New Free Tool to Determine the True Influence of a Twitter Account Mobile & Social 2
Garrett Sussman [FREE WEBINAR] Google and Facebook: Opportunities and threats for agencies Local Reviews 8
MiriamEllis Free Local Tools You Love? Local Search 9
JoyHawkins Free Webinar: 4 Ways Your Competitors are Cheating at Local SEO Google My Business & Google Maps 3
E Toll free numbers Google My Business & Google Maps 5
djbaxter Gravityscan: Free malware scanner for your website! Websites, Software, and Security 1
S Soctop.net ? is a free automated service for promotion in 7 social medias Recycle Bin 0