More threads by Cave

Cave

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been attempting to push through a couple changes to a business listing on both Yellowpages and Yelp (Business Name on both is one piece that needs to change) however, after many weeks of suggesting edits, the changes aren't appearing live on the listings.

What's the best way for me to get these changes pushed live? Preferably a free method!

Thanks so much :)

I have had luck with getting Yelp changes through, but sometimes it takes repeated efforts or even phone calls.

Did you claim both listings? That's what I would start with. Suggesting edits isn't as authoritative.

As Joy mentioned, are they claimed? If not, I would suggest claiming and verifying them with an automated phone call. If you own the listings, you can make any changes you want at any time as the owner.

As mentioned earlier, you will need to claim them.

If they are already claimed and you don't have the login information, ask the owner if they have it. If they don't, ask them for every email they've ever used to sign up for business listings. Take those emails and go to the "forgot password" link for both sites and try the different emails until one takes.

If that doesn't work, you will need to call into both of them.

YP.com is actually very helpful and if you call in then you will get someone that can help.

For Yelp, they may not be as helpful (I've never had to do it with Yelp) but I'm sure they can get you straightened out.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom