More threads by jonthefellow

jonthefellow

Reaction score
As I understand it, in order to rank locally, service area pages on the website are an important component. I already have started writing separate pages for the services I provide (construction business), as well as project case studies with city names in the title. For service area pages, it seems some businesses are writing these pages:

Service A in Area 1
Service A in Area 2
Service A in Area 3
Service B in Area 1
Service B in Area 2
Service B in Area 3
etc etc.

For the sake of my sanity, I'd rather have pages for services and service areas separate, ie:

Service A
Service B
Area 1
Area 2

Is it clear whether the former strategy works better than the latter?
thanks in advance.
jon

Solution
It depends on how much search volume each of the services has and if it justifies having its own page. This isn't a question I can really answer without spending a bunch of time analyzing the keywords + search results. I would start by seeing what you're competing against and if any of your pages currently rank for those terms. That will give you an idea of where you should go.
Provided the services are very different I have found the former approach to work better.

Provided the services are very different I have found the former approach to work better.

Hi Joy,
I would like to rank (or at least mention on my website) for about 25 towns. I can’t imagine having separate area pages for all 25 towns. That seems bloated, especially if I put them all in a big long drop-down. Any best practices on this?

I own a pressure washing biz. So the page structure would be:

Service 1
Service 2
Service 3
Etc

Can I/should I just mention all 25 towns within each service page? Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated!

It depends on how much search volume each of the services has and if it justifies having its own page. This isn't a question I can really answer without spending a bunch of time analyzing the keywords + search results. I would start by seeing what you're competing against and if any of your pages currently rank for those terms. That will give you an idea of where you should go.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom