More threads by sbg44

sbg44

Reaction score
I'm helping someone with deleting their GMB. The thing is that this GMB wasn't opened by the business owner, and the business owner isn't interset in having a GMB. He has an old school main avenue business and isn't interested in having any online presence.

What's the best and fastest way to get rid of that profile/ listing? Claiming it and getting it suspended so it isn't visible anymore / not claiming it and mass reporting it as non existent / claiming it and changing all the info to random info (biz address, name etc). OR any other method that you can suggest?

Thanks!

Solution
Google typically won't completely remove a listing unless there is a privacy concern or it never existed in the first place.

If neither of the above are applicable then there isn't much above the board that you could do.
Google typically won't completely remove a listing unless there is a privacy concern or it never existed in the first place.

If neither of the above are applicable then there isn't much above the board that you could do.

Solution

Wasn't it found out that deleting a Google account will indeed fully delete any GBPs that account has access to?

I have definitely experienced cases where if you remove a listing from the account so that it is now unverified, that it may become totally deleted after a period of time.

I have definitely experienced cases where if you remove a listing from the account so that it is now unverified, that it may become totally deleted after a period of time.

I mean that if the Google Account itself is deleted or deactivated, not merely removing the GBP so it has no owner/manager. This was found a while ago. Of course no SEO professional in their right mind would do this, but there was one incident of a client doing so with their personal account and the GBPs were destroyed, which revealed this backdoor.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom