More threads by KymM

KymM

Reaction score
I've noticed when I search for one of my clients, Complete Chem-Dry of Lake Orion, Google suggests(? autofills? I'm unsure of the correct terminology) the wrong city, Independence KS, (It should be Lake Orion, MI). We've also stopped ranking in the maps, so my guess is that these are related and google thinks the business is in the wrong city. The problem is, I'm unsure of why this is. We verified the correct address ages ago when we set up the GMB listing, and it's a service area business with the correct service area set.

I've talked to GMB support and they said that it is just a suggestion because so many people have searched that, but that doesn't seem right to me. Does anyone have any insight as to how I can fix this?
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 9.15.06 AM.png

Just an update in case anyone else is having this issue. We had to go through a couple of GMB reps before someone could help us, but once we got a rep who knew what we were talking about, it seems to have been a quick fix on their end. It took about a week for us to see the results in the SERP, but we are back to ranking where we should and there is no trace of Independence KS on our listing anymore.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom