Maurice Lehr

Reaction score
Hai All,

Situation:

• Little company (Fouch? Medical) wich does medical examinations, mainly by the owner of this company.
  • According to the Chamber of Commerce the adress of his business is his private adress (Maliebaan in Utrecht, Netherlands). Some local business listings have already used this adress to add the company to their list.
  • The compagny/owner has an office where he does the examinations (also in Utrecht at the Eykmanlaan). This is a building where at the same adress are several other medical businesses. All different companies.
    He can receive mail their.
  • He also has an office in a village nearby (Zeist). Also a building where at the same adress are several other medical businesses. All different companies. This office uses the same telephone number as the one in Utrecht. The office in Utrecht is his main office.
  • A GMB has not been created yet, nor by Google, nor by me.

Questions:

1. I want to create a GMB in Utrecht. Wich adress should I use? His private adress or the adress of his office?
  2. If it would be better to use his office, will that not give problems with consistency of his business listings as according to the Chamber of Commerce his business is at his private adress? Should he change the adress at the Chamber of Commerce?
  3. It would be great if he has an extra GMB in Zeist as well, but according to the guidelines of Google he would need an extra telephone number (different then his number in Utrecht). He prefers to have only one telephone number. Any ideas to solve this issue?
  4. Any other additional thoughts?

Thanx in Advance!

Cheers, Maurice

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Re: Wich adress is best for new GMB?

1. Always use the office address. You should only use a private address (home address) for a business that doesn't have an office.

2. Yes, get the places online updated so they also list his office.

3. The only way he qualifies for 2 listings is if he has 2 physical offices where customers can show up during business hours. If one is a home and the other is an office, the home is technically not allowed.

Maurice Lehr

Reaction score

Thanx Joy!

3. He has 2 physical offices, but they use the same telephone number. Is that a problem?

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score

Yes it is a problem. In past cases I've found it causes 1 location to get filtered and not rank anywhere. It's best to have unique phone #s per location.

Even in separate cities Joy? I think he mentioned the 2nd physical office is in a nearby city.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score

It depends on the scenario but yeah Google will pick the stronger of the 2 generally, and not always the one you want when deciding what to display in the SERPs.

It's really hard to give accurate advice with hypotheticals but I've seen lots of cases where Google pulls the office further away even for local searches if the one office has a much stronger presence.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score

It depends on the scenario but yeah Google will pick the stronger of the 2 generally, and not always the one you want when deciding what to display in the SERPs.

It's really hard to give accurate advice with hypotheticals but I've seen lots of cases where Google pulls the office further away even for local searches if the one office has a much stronger presence.

You're saying Location A in City A would show up for a query in City B over Location B?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score

Yes, I've seen that many times before. If Location A was the stronger of the 2 and had been around way longer. Remember, I'm saying it's "possible", not that it will definitely happen lol. :)

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score

Yes, I've seen that many times before. If Location A was the stronger of the 2 and had been around way longer. Remember, I'm saying it's "possible", not that it will definitely happen lol. :)

Roger that, just curious :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
raellovepie 1 Address - 9 Confirmed Listings | Best way to report? Spam on Google 5
G What's the best way for my business to handle a change of address? Local Search 8
Dino What's the best way to change address? Citations 23
V Best Practices - Change of Address Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Tom Bristol Factual.com - Best way to report old address Citations 16
D Best Way to propagate citations. Purchased an SMB: new name, same phone # & Address Citations 3
H I'm losing my mind over correcting address on Google. What is my best option? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
H I'm losing my mind over correcting address on Google. What is my best option? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Nick.SEOSpark How do you make the best of a shared address for Local Ranking? Local Search 9
EduarddeBoer Problem with two different locations having same address Google My Business & Google Maps 9
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
BenFisher PSA: GMB Not Showing Address Form on Verification - BUG Google My Business & Google Maps 3
B Rebranding: same services, same team, same address, new name, new URL Moving or Name Changes 9
B Removed address to SAB now no longer showing in map pack Service Area Businesses 8
AdvoAd Different addresses in knowledge panel Moving or Name Changes 4
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
L Does selecting a service area for hidden address business have negative effects? Moving or Name Changes 1
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
S GMB Address Update for SAB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Dino Google not updating an address. Any ideas? Moving or Name Changes 2
A Multiple service based locations in different provinces with one physical address Multi-Location Issues 1
J Trying to figure out correct address format for GMB profile Moving or Name Changes 4
petrakraft Wrong location of an address in Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Charles Jenkins SCHEMA For local business with address hidden? Local Search 1
P GMB Physical Address Keeps Reverting Local Search 4
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
F How To Determine a Good GMB Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
P How to clain GMB with wrong address? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
NevenaIvanova Adding Floor to Hotel's address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
SmallBizGeek Moved a business to a new address, but no confirmation PIN? Moving or Name Changes 1
JoyHawkins [Technical Issue] Don't Change the Address on Service Area Business Listings Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
M Business Suspended for Using Virtual Address, Moving to New Real Location Moving or Name Changes 4
Tim Colling How to find the email address of another User on a GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
stevedimatteo Separate Businesses at Same Mailing Address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
david.victor Brand New GMB Listing Suspended (I think) because of...address(?) NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
B SAB With Virtual Address - Advice Needed Help & Support for Google Local 4
S Is it possible to verify two SAB businesses with the same address if the address will be hidden? Service Area Businesses 2
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Gordon.Ligon SAB vs Physical Address, and its ramifications for NAP citations Service Area Businesses 7
dave101 Shown vs Hidden Address on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
G Address not usable for GMB location Moving or Name Changes 2
sixthcitysarah USPS Has Marked this Address Inactive? Recycle Bin 1