Reaction score
Andrew...in the client's words, "Bayside's address is "West Yarmouth", Yarmouthis a different town." Does this jive with the changes made in the edit?
West Yarmouth isn't its own town, rather a defined village in Yartmouth. Because it has a boundary and is completely within Yarmouth and Google now knows that (my edit to place it within Yarmouth) will mean that if Google sees "West Yarmouth" it places the object within the West Yarmouth boundary in the Yarmouth Boundary which in in Barnstable County, etc. Google treats villages in towns as a separate town for search and display purposes but still knows it is in the town. Google likes to be accurate as it helps find things. That's the long answer, the short answer is no they're not a town but Google treats them as one for convenience. Basically Google will serve up a West Yarmouth address when you just search for such a place using Yarmouth.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Andrew when you map search the address that's on the page now:
225 Massachusetts 28, Yarmouth, MA 02673
Google comes back with: 225 Massachusetts 28, West Yarmouth, MA 02673

When you Google search "West Yarmouth Hotels" EVERY HOTEL ON PAGE 1 EXCEPT THEM has a West Yarmouth address.

When you search for Cape Cod Hotels Check the map. Yarmouth is NOT EVEN in the search radius. It's off the map above Hyw 6. So I think having city wrong as Yarmouth, is going to kill any chance of ranking for Cape Cod Hotels. West Yarmouth hotels are at least in the map radius.

Since you edited in MM and I see you changed address to West Yarmouth and according to maps West Yarmouth is CORRECT, then why is it still displaying as Yarmouth?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Did the June 2019 update bury quack medical sites? Google Algorithm Discussions 14
djbaxter Did Last Week's Google Update Benefit News & Magazine Web Sites? Organic SEO 1
johncrenshaw Did Infogroup toss all their listings after they launched their new site? Local Search 16
M Tale of Three Sites! Why not ranking? What in the world did Google (or us) do? HELP! Local Search 6
A Legal Services Rankings Tanked After Potential Update - Solutions? What Did You Do? Organic SEO 2
raellovepie Startup Business - how did you start? Consultant's Corner 4
Matthew Summers If I Report a Spammer via the Redressal Form, will said Spammer know who did it? Spam on Google 2
berto When did Google My Business start using MSA metro for service areas? Service Area Businesses 2
djbaxter CallJoy: Why did Google Call it Joy? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 8
JoyHawkins Did Yelp Lose Review Stars on Category Pages? Local Reviews 2
Monica Simpson Where did the FB verify option go? Citations 4
Marissa Did You Know in Local Panel NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
JoyHawkins When did Bing Places Remove the Option to Add Categories? Local Search 5
J Did everyone see the new Google Home with the Screen? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 7
JoyHawkins October 3, 2018 - Google Medic Algo Update - How Did It Affect Local Businesses? Google Algorithm Discussions 4
RuggedSEO Did "Hawk" actually reverse the impact of "Possum"? Not being found in the snack pack Local Search 16
M Did I miss an update today? Local Search 9
Linda Buquet Google Local Mall Update - Did Google just Change Your NAP? Google My Business & Google Maps 18
S Did Google update all address abbreviation for Google Local and Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Marie Haynes Did Pigeon affect Canadian listings? Local Search 9
JoyHawkins Removed per Joy's Request - Panda 4.0 - How did it Impact Local? Recycle Bin 2
Linda Buquet Did the CEO of Yodle Really Just Say That? Re: Local Reviews Advice? Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet Google Local Algo Change or Did Spam Filters Get Dropped? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
M How did he get a one box and the "A" position? Help & Support for Google Local 4
BobV How did they do this? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Did Google Lose Attorneys & Plumbers on Google Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Did Google Flip your Suite??? US Consultants Please Read Google My Business & Google Maps 19
Optimize Prime Did Google Maps misplace San Antonio, TX? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
RobinOctane How Did this Happen? Suddenly Flooded With Bad Listings Local Search 3
D What did Google just do to accessing all your information for a business acct? Help Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Colan Nielsen Where Did The Troubleshooter Go? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
J Author Image Showing up in Local Results. How did they do that?? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
WHUK 3 Posts that did not add value Recycle Bin 2
M Call Tracking Numbers: Did This Guy Just Tell Businesses to Commit Local Suicide? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Mike Wilton Call Tracking Numbers: Did This Guy Just Tell Businesses to Commit Local Suicide? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Linda Buquet Why Did my Google Local Ranking Drop? The Answer Local Search 2
Marie Haynes How long did it take for your listing to be active after entering PIN? Local Search 6
S Site has higher DA and more backlinks than sites on 1st page and still not on 1st page Local Search 3
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
djbaxter Mozilla to remove Site Specific Browser (Site as app, PWA-like feature) Mobile & Social 0
D Should I Bother Updating NAP on Business Listings and 3rd Party Sites? Citations 7
ChristianRdz Redirecting a ranking page to another site Organic SEO 4
djbaxter Google Search Console: New and improved crawl stats for your site Organic SEO 0
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
A Best Method to Check sites All Scenarios? Websites, Software, and Security 1
djbaxter Speed Test for WordPress sites Websites, Software, and Security 1
D How to properly form site structure for power washing company that serves 10 towns? Local Search 3
Ben Walsh Is this still the ideal site structure for multi location businesses Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
JoshuaMackens Insurance Citation Sites Local Search 5
I How does URL Shortening sites like Umuly work? Websites, Software, and Security 0