More threads by randy

randy

Reaction score
After more than a month of effort, I helped get a client's Google Business Profile verified finally, and all seemed fine. But just now I went to make some edits, and I get an error message that I need to verify the business again! What?! I've made a couple of edits since verification with no problem. Now this.

Does anyone have an idea what's up? Thank you.

What business information did you edit?

I think what triggered it was deleting an incorrect business subcategory that Google had apparently added on its own. That's it. The business does not offer investment services, so I clicked the little x to remove it, clicked to save, and then almost immediately when I navigated to edit another part of the profile, the new pages displayed a message saying it's necessary to reverify.

One of four things happens when you edit any of the following fields:
Name
Primary Category
Address
Website
Phone number

1. The edits will immediately get published
2. The edits will go into pending review
3. The profile will need to be reverified again
4. The business profile will get suspended.

Reactions: jlw
One of four things happens when you edit any of the following fields:
Name
Primary Category
Address
Website
Phone number

1. The edits will immediately get published
2. The edits will go into pending review
3. The profile will need to be reverified again
4. The business profile will get suspended.

Thank you. This is very helpful. I've always experienced 1 or 2. This is my first time with 3. Thank goodness 4 hasn't happened yet!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom