More threads by jaywilner

Reaction score
We are trying to figure out why our client's business facebook page: Pioneer Military Credit, does not show up in Google search. Its at least a couple years old. I checked the page settings and saw some missing info that i filled in but wasnt sure what else would cause the page to be invisible.

If you do this query: pioneer military credit site:facebook.com, all you see are results for an old Facebook page of their former company (they changed ownership, brand name):
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 4.43.26 PM.jpg

We don't have access to that Facebook page you see in screenshot.

But, for the new page, can't figure out what could possibly keep Google from indexing, showing it? A few articles talk about inadvertently setting restrictions on age and country, but i checked that and both were set to: "Page is visible to everyone."

Thanks in advance!

To add:

They currently are not open to public yet. They currently have their hours set to 'always open'. i was wondering if having days/hours be more specific would possibly fix the issue?

Hey Jay! A few more things you can quickly check, directly from Facebook:

If you've noticed that your Page isn't appearing in search results on Facebook, make sure that:
Please keep in mind that it can take several days for a new Page to start appearing in search results.

I see that most of this has been done, how long have you had the age and country info, profile picture, cover photo, and action button live on the page? It does look like you're a bit thin on About content - I'd recommend beefing that up a bit in addition to checking out the article that Justin shared above.

We are trying to figure out why our client's business facebook page: Pioneer Military Credit, does not show up in Google search. Its at least a couple years old. I checked the page settings and saw some missing info that i filled in but wasnt sure what else would cause the page to be invisible.

If you do this query: pioneer military credit site:facebook.com, all you see are results for an old Facebook page of their former company (they changed ownership, brand name):
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 4.43.26 PM.jpg

We don't have access to that Facebook page you see in screenshot.

But, for the new page, can't figure out what could possibly keep Google from indexing, showing it? A few articles talk about inadvertently setting restrictions on age and country, but i checked that and both were set to: "Page is visible to everyone."

Thanks in advance!

There are a few issues here:
1. The probable reason your old FB page is showing up is because your website's page title says Pioneer Military Credit Previously Pioneer Military Loans. So basically, you are still promoting the old FB page.

2. On your website, you have the FB icon in the footer of your page. Check if it's set to do-follow or not.

If all else fails, the brutal workaround is to add it into your sitemap & submit your sitemap to Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Yandex & Baidu. All of them will protest & spit out frightening messages. But you go ahead & do it anyway. Within a month, you'll be indexed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom