More threads by Vexet

Vexet

Reaction score
See attached file below. It gave me "This post was rejected by google"

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 11.25.22.jpg

@Vexet, I think most likely the image is causing the issue. Google highly prefers images (especially on posts/maps) that are original, ideally with little to no overlay text. You want to focus on the image just being a representative photo and move any "message" overlayed on the image and place it instead within the copy of the post. This is our internal best practice, we post several hundred GBP posts a month and rarely have a rejection.

Additional context from Google: link

Also, the AI may be picking up that the patient's body has a significant portion that is unclothed, which can be seen as inappropriate.

I'd start out by just using that same image, if available, with no overlay text and repost. If Google accepts it, then you know the answer. If it rejects again, I would try another photo with no overlay text, but one that doesn't show as much skin :).

Last edited:
It's the amount of skin in the image, I'm 99% certain. Have you tried uploading the image separately to the profile? 'cause I'm quite sure that would be rejected there too. You can also feed it in the IA vision API to test whether Google sees problematic content there.

With any vertical that shows a lot of skin (massage, chiropractics, physical therapy, medical esthetics...), it can be a little bit of a crapshoot.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Sold Out

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom