More threads by Yan Gilbert

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Maps is showing directions to all listings, even when the listing has a hidden address. Instead of showing the address, it is showing a GPS coordinate.

However, the coordinates are for the center of the service area and not of the verification address, so not useful for anything.

Just another glitch. Hopefully people don't get directions to the wrong places.

1571424009225.png

1571424094032.png

Hmm, makes me wonder if the center of the service area impacts ranking proximity.

It's a good though @Rich Owings but from my testing, it does not. The physical address of the listing is still what is being used. In addition to the directions issue, Google Maps will often show "Transit nearby" options that are based on the center of the service area and not the actual location of the business. Of course, transit options shouldn't be shown at all for service-area business listings but they are!

Yeah, I had second thoughts about it. If that were true, I could be ranking just off the west coast. I'm in NC, but my service area is the entire US including AK & HA!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom