lancemoore22

Reaction score
Hi all!

Have you seen Google skip the main road and suggestion an alternative route? I've made edits to the pin marker so many times trying to "trip" the system.

Suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Margaret Ornsby

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "trip" the system.

Have I ever seen Google put an alternative road instead of the main road?
Yes, and I also gave them feedback on their choice of road. It was such a horridly corrugated road I'm lucky to still have teeth.
Google seemed to have taken the feedback on board and have never suggested that road to me again.

If that hasn't answered your question, can you try rewording it?

lancemoore22

Reaction score
Hi Margaret,

I haven't directly spoken with Google about my issue. What's the best channel to reach GMB support? Twitter?

What I meant by "tripping" the system is moving the pin marker hoping that Google will adjust the driving directions to the correct location. I've seen small adjustments in the pin marker work out bugs in maps.

If I put the address in manually, 123 main street, it routes you directly to the location with no problems. I am only having a problem when the actual business name is being used.

GregM

Reaction score
Hi Lance,

The best place for this as it is an issue with your business is GMB support. @googlemybiz on twitter usually works quite well. Please don't move the pin marker off the middle of the space the business operates in. There are two separate pins inside the Google Maps system. Sometimes they are together sometimes they aren't. However, the only one you can edit from maps is not the one you want to adjust here. Only Google can make this adjustment.

lancemoore22

Reaction score
Greg - I wasn't aware of two different pins. What is the second pin that we don't have access to?

GregM

Reaction score
It is the the one that controls the navigation end point. This is not an uncommon issue GMB should know what you are referring to.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Yan Gilbert (Wrong) Directions to Hidden Addresses showing on Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Common GMB Problem - Driving Directions Wrong After Move - Here's the Solution Google My Business & Google Maps 3
L Apple "Maps" and Wrong Directions Local Search 8
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J Android Browser Wrong # How to Fix? Local Search 2
LaurenHoward Mobile SERPs showing wrong phone number on GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
petrakraft Wrong location of an address in Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Niki Wrong facebook link on Google business listing Help & Support for Google Local 2
MarianoF Daily Ranking Fluctuation and Wrong listing showing up Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Igor GMB Virtual care link auto updates to wrong URL Google My Business & Google Maps 5
P How to clain GMB with wrong address? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter What SEOs get wrong about Google updates Google Algorithm Discussions 0
Frank Jones Wrong Google Listing Showing For Brand Name Multi-Location Issues 2
Lachlan_Wells When you accidentally connect your fake location to the wrong client Spam on Google 2
B Wrong category keeps getting added into Listing NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
O User edited our list with wrong information Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H GMB suspended for wrong address on website? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Zhivko Google shows the listing for the wrong location Google My Business & Google Maps 5
P Wrong info Contact Us Messages 2
J Wrong Corporate Logo Showing in Branded Search Local Search 6
RattlingTram Am I doing something crazy wrong with citations? Citations 8
wra2010 Reviews from the Web Pulling Reviews from Wrong Facebook Page Help & Support for Google Local 4
C Google Changes and Publishes Wrong Hours Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Scott ClientClicks Negative review left for wrong business name, but Google still wont take it down Local Reviews 6
BaggySEO Negative review for the wrong business Help & Support for Google Local 6
Tim Colling GMB Insights call report wrong by a factor of 3 - Surprising? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
S What am I doing wrong? Local Search 11
Garrett Sussman Local Search vs. Universal Search: Are You Choosing the Wrong Strategy? Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman Are the Wrong People Managing Your Online Reviews? Local Reviews 0
BWrightTLM Apple Maps Address is Wrong Local Search 13
H Am I misleading a customer here? Am I wrong? Local Search 4
H Am I doing location pages all wrong for multi location businesses? Multi-Location Issues 9
H Am I doing location pages all wrong for multi location businesses? Multi-Location Issues 9
J What citation should I use if Google got the G+ name wrong? Citations 4
D knowledge graph showing wrong business Local Search 9
R Wrong type of local page?? Can't leave reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B Wrong Map Listing showing Local Search 0
Gsmithmike Shall i Clean wrong citations with physical addresses or fix it? Citations 1
A Wrong city local results for SF Personal Injury searches Local Search 4
D Acxiom Number Wrong Local Search 4
Lloyd Silver Client with dupe and wrong page ranking Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Margaret Ornsby Wrong thread Recycle Bin 2
Linda Buquet Why US Ranking Reports are WRONG Post-Pigeon - BrightLocal Explains Google My Business & Google Maps 10
M Google Places Wrong Address Been Displayed On Serp Results! Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Rich Owings Knowledge panel shows wrong name, but G+ page is correct Google My Business & Google Maps 11
V Rank Puzzle - When a Dentist Ranks who is doing EVERYTHING "wrong", or doing NOTHING. Ranking Puzzles 13
vmessina Rank Puzzle - When a Dentist Ranks who is doing EVERYTHING "wrong", or doing NOTHING. Ranking Puzzles 13
K Google maps has wrong location for client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
BWrightTLM How do I fix old citations with wrong NAP? Citations 1