More threads by JuannaCa

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Yahoo's verification process is not working at the moment?

I've been trying to verify a 2 different venues and I had the same issue with both.

I've tried call, sms, email, none of them work.

Do you guys have had that problem lately?

Thank you

YES!! I've had this problem for about 10 clients. I first saw this about 3 weeks ago. I contacted yahoo via FB amd they just directed me to their help pages. No help really.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Not only have we been having the same issue with not being able to verify(Internal server error message shows up at the bottom when you click any of the verification buttons), but also one of our clients got a postcard but there's no code(where the code usually is was left blank). Anyone else experience this?

A client of mine got a blank card just yeserday. I have tried to talk to yahoo but no response yet. Any idea how to go about contacting them. Ive tried their help forum, facebook, and twitter and all I get is a song and dance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This is who I think is actually running the show at Yahoo. All kidding aside, Yahoo is increasingly becoming more difficult to work with.

74Rwf.jpg

We've been running into all this stuff for the past few weeks as well. Yahoo support is only possible for paid listings at this point, so there's not much we could do.

If you're still having problems sending out PINs, try going back to the dashboard and hitting Submit on the profile again, that seems to let us send them out again

For the past few days, Yahoo seems to have been behaving itself, but then we wont know if it's still sending blank postcards until they get here :/

Yahoo was still not accepting the PINs as of Friday.

Initially I noticed that it would not issue PINs a few weeks ago. They fixed it so that the system will issue PINs now, but upon entering the PIN it just says that the code is incorrect.

Yahoo = Fail

We received the postcard last week with a PIN number and tried entering the PIN and was rejected as invalid. We then tried yesterday to use the SMS verification twice and both PINs were rejected as invalid. This was a "basic" listing so no Yahoo support. Maybe it is their ploy to push you to the paid listing?

I think we can all agree that Yahoo is a giant PITA nowadays. However, I may have found a workaround for those getting the "invalid PIN" message.

1) Login to your Yahoo biz dashboard, navigate to your client's listing and click edit.
2) Make a quick edit (doesn't matter if you change it back before hitting submit).
3) After hitting submit, it should take you right to the verification screen to either a) send a new pin, or b) enter your pin.
4) Use the PIN you already received to verify the listing.

I've been able to do this twice this morning. The first time was by accident. Let me know if you're able to replicate the same results.

- Robert

Update: I should mention that the listings are still "under review" by Yahoo and haven't been published yet. However, I was able to verify the original PIN. I'll let you know when/if they are published.

I've been able to do this twice this morning. The first time was by accident. Let me know if you're able to replicate the same results.

Yeah, that's been working for us as well

Update: I should mention that the listings are still "under review" by Yahoo and haven't been published yet. However, I was able to verify the original PIN. I'll let you know when/if they are published.

Last I checked, basic verified listings stay under review for ~30 business days, so that will likely not happen any time soon.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-loc...review-process-sln15968.html?impressions=true

I was able to verify a new listing on Yahoo today and the PIN worked the first time!

It now gives you a new dashboard that seems to be all about apps.

I think we can all agree that Yahoo is a giant PITA nowadays. However, I may have found a workaround for those getting the "invalid PIN" message.

1) Login to your Yahoo biz dashboard, navigate to your client's listing and click edit.
2) Make a quick edit (doesn't matter if you change it back before hitting submit).
3) After hitting submit, it should take you right to the verification screen to either a) send a new pin, or b) enter your pin.
4) Use the PIN you already received to verify the listing.

- Robert

I just used this for an old listing and your solution worked great! Thanks a ton. :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom