More threads by keyserholiday

keyserholiday

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
FYI, multiple garage door companies are getting hit with 2-star reviews. The spammers are targeting multi-location brands. The first attack happened last Sunday. One brand received 222 2-star reviews across 24 locations. On Saturday another brand received 71 2-star reviews across 8 locations. Today another brand was hit with 10 2-star reviews across 2 locations. Most of the profiles are set to private, but they have slipped up and set a few to public.

Solution
Is Google taking these reviews down at all? The spam filter seems to be doing a lot more lately to combat these fake review attacks, wonder if it will kick in to remove these if it hasn't already.

I checked as some of the business profiles and some of the reviews were removed, but a lot are still live. From what I can tell, they are targeting businesses in the midwest and east coast. You be able to see them in the Gold forum as Amy escalated them.
Is Google taking these reviews down at all? The spam filter seems to be doing a lot more lately to combat these fake review attacks, wonder if it will kick in to remove these if it hasn't already.

I checked as some of the business profiles and some of the reviews were removed, but a lot are still live. From what I can tell, they are targeting businesses in the midwest and east coast. You be able to see them in the Gold forum as Amy escalated them.

Solution
We only have one chain of garage door clients. We haven't seen a review attack but I have had multiple scammer requests for profile ownership this week. Sometimes I think the profiles are in a scammers CRM tool and are on a schedule to try and hijack.

We only have one chain of garage door clients. We haven't seen a review attack but I have had multiple scammer requests for profile ownership this week. Sometimes I think the profiles are in a scammers CRM tool and are on a schedule to try and hijack.

There are three different sets of reviewers. This 2-stars are targeted the Midwest and East Coast. There is a group posting 1-star reviews on the upper east coast. I have heard that several garage door companies are getting an increase in ownership requests too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom