More threads by Cordell Crowley

Reaction score
So this is something we've seen 2 or 3 times since early Monday this week and I figured I'd go ahead and post about it. Basically, it's the classic "change of ownership" process for a Google Maps listing except that the timeframe on it now is 3 days instead of 7 days.
3 Day COO.png

This is the first we've seen of it here. We have plenty of other locations that are still doing the classic 7-day wait period. This particular example from the screenshot is a Service Area Business for what that is worth.

Awesome! So glad to hear about this change. Thanks for sharing!

So this is something we've seen 2 or 3 times since early Monday this week and I figured I'd go ahead and post about it. Basically, it's the classic "change of ownership" process for a Google Maps listing except that the timeframe on it now is 3 days instead of 7 days.
3 Day COO.png

This is the first we've seen of it here. We have plenty of other locations that are still doing the classic 7-day wait period. This particular example from the screenshot is a Service Area Business for what that is worth.
I wanted to respond as I may have had an even better experience. I have a client that had no idea who the owner of his GMB was, I went in to do a "change of ownership" and got immediate access due to having the site verified in my Search Console account! This has to be new, right? Anyone else had this experience? If this is a "NEW" feature, I absolutely love it.

On a side note, I had a call today from a potential new client wanting help with a suspended account. He entered a "shared office space" address as his real address for his business and the listing was immediately suspended without having the option to verify. Also, something i have not seen before, any insight here Joy or anyone else? Are these two awesome features we will be seeing across the board from GMB?

Would love to here if anyone else has had this type of experience too? HAPPY FRIDAY!

@Susan They've been using GSC verification for awhile now, but it has rarely worked.

Google has finally reduced from 7 to 3, the days of waiting for "ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS" requests to get hold of a GMB card from one of our customers, in the hands of other players who are no longer authorized.

C0A7B548-08D5-48AD-83E1-7C089C2F67AA.jpeg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom