More threads by Ryan Steinolfson

Reaction score
Adding Social Media Profile in GBP. I have some questions when adding the social media profile links to the GBP.

1.) How long does it take for Google to approve those links?
2.) Is there a chance it gets disapproved and would it trigger GBP listing suspension?
3.) Do we need to add the social media links to the website?

I think it's too early to have findings in this area, but from what little I've seen:
1) About as quick as any other edits. It's been very fast for me, but no doubt there are people out who got the "may take up to 24h" or even the dreaded "to 30 days", but that can happen to literally any edit on a GBP.
2) It's still too early to tell, but my feeling is we would've had reports already, given how people were waiting for this with bated breath for years.
3) Why? I mean, what more do you expect to get out of doing so? As far as Google, that is. It has been extremely well documented that Google as is can barely detect them when they are present!

Adding Social Media Profile in GBP. I have some questions when adding the social media profile links to the GBP.

1.) How long does it take for Google to approve those links?
2.) Is there a chance it gets disapproved and would it trigger GBP listing suspension?
3.) Do we need to add the social media links to the website?

Feedback from the 50+ profiles we updated recently:

1. it took about 10 minutes tops to show up together on the profile search.

2. disapproved ... happened due to link typo in one update. corrected it, so far no probs.

Suspensions .. none so far, but as we know google... anything can happen

3. social links on websites.. we include these unless clients does not want it on

Overall clients love this feature

Feedback from the 50+ profiles we updated recently:

1. it took about 10 minutes tops to show up together on the profile search.

2. disapproved ... happened due to link typo in one update. corrected it, so far no probs.

Suspensions .. none so far, but as we know google... anything can happen

3. social links on websites.. we include these unless clients does not want it on

Overall clients love this feature

We also did not notice any problems.

The only thing I noticed is that there is some validation in the link structure and only such are accepted, e.g. links from Facebook can have different structures, and Google only wants links starting with Log in or sign up to view

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom