More threads by samldr

samldr

Reaction score
Hi all, new here. I work for an agency and trying to get more of an understanding to why some appeals get accepted and some dont. Obviously, when a profile gets suspended I make sure everything on it matches with googles guidelines, and our yext matches when connecting it up, then I go about submitting an appeal. Usually I will add:
LLC/DBA paperwork, state license, invoice, business card, business vehicle, and storefront with signage and address visible if it is a storefront, and some other documents sometimes like tax documents or anything else with a business name attached to it. Ill make sure all of the profiles information matches with the documents like business name and phone number before submitting, but still I'm receiving lots of denied appeals recently even with profiles that have perfect documents where everything matches and even extra documents than what they ask for.

Any tips please, or is anyone else seeing this trend lately?

@samldr - Two suggestions:

1.) Also check each user account on the profile to see if it has been restricted. Check account restrictions.

2.) Bring up the profile in the Appeals Tool. Check the centre column for the reason why the profile was suspended. Most of the time, it will give you a generic, unhelpful reason, such as "Deceptive content". However, it might tell you if a.) a user account is the problem or if b.) Google thinks the business does not exist.

In case a.) step 1 above will help you determine which user(s). (You can try to get the user restriction lifted or you can just remove the user(s) from the profile.)

In case b.) I believe (it's a working theory) that URLs to public records work best. You might be able to find these for LLCs, DBAs and some licenses.

@samldr - Two suggestions:

1.) Also check each user account on the profile to see if it has been restricted. Check account restrictions.

2.) Bring up the profile in the Appeals Tool. Check the centre column for the reason why the profile was suspended. Most of the time, it will give you a generic, unhelpful reason, such as "Deceptive content". However, it might tell you if a.) a user account is the problem or if b.) Google thinks the business does not exist.

In case a.) step 1 above will help you determine which user(s). (You can try to get the user restriction lifted or you can just remove the user(s) from the profile.)

In case b.) I believe (it's a working theory) that URLs to public records work best. You might be able to find these for LLCs, DBAs and some licenses.

So in case B, instead of downloading the print version of any documents, just link instead?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom