More threads by intlocal

Reaction score
Hi,
I set up a new Local Plus Page. I have now a standard URL for that page which consists of numbers. Google offers (after some time as I noticed) an option to change it to your individual URL. Does anyone know what are the conditions to get that option available? Is it a fixed amount of days the Local Plus Page is verified or the number of views? Or something else? I'd glad if anyone could help me:).

Seweryn

Hi Seweryn

Welcome to the forum!

The custom URL is a bit of a misnomer in my book. You can't really select what goes into the URL - that is determined by Google's algorithm. If you don't like what's being offered, you can only decline it and wait for a (hopefully) better offer.

This is Google's help article on when a custom URL might be offered: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6068603 - although they do say a local page just has to be verified to get offered a URL, it can take a while to be offered one. All you can do is wait basically.

Priya is spot on from my experience. I will add that it seems to be a metric of authority or trust towards your + page.

I would add links to other social profiles ie twitter, quora, facebook, pinterest, instagram handles.

A profile with many followers or authoritative followers, as well as authority on your other social handles seems to be what triggers the custom handle in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you both for the tips!

Cody, do you mean links to social profiles in the local G+ page description?

It's easy to link to other social handles from personal g+ page. However, Local + pages don't offer that functionality. So I make sure that the GMB page is linked to website. Then make sure that the website connects to the other social profiles.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom